May 08 2012
|more articles from|
MEW warns 4,300 consumers of legal action if bills not settled
New offices to remain open from 4-8 pm
Allengawi said the department has opened offices in various areas where consumers can pay their bills between 4-8 pm, adding that this step was taken to simplify the procedure of paying the bills and if the consumer still fails to pay the bills, the ministry will enforce power disconnection.
He further added that the ministry will not hesitate to sue any consumer that refuses to pay the bills, saying he regards water and electricity bills as payment for services that are offered beforehand. He pointed out that the consumers do not hesitate to enjoy these services but hesitate when it comes to payments for those services.
© Arab Times 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Legal
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More