Abu Dhabi: IMKAN, the UAE-based real estate developer, has announced several exciting new retailers that will set up shop in the brand-new Sheikha Fatima Park – a vibrant and accessible public recreation and leisure destination in Abu Dhabi due to officially open later this year.
Set in the heart of the community of Khalidiya Abu Dhabi, the park that historically catered solely to women and children, has been redeveloped into the Emirate’s first urban lifestyle park reimagined with one-of-a-kind offerings to an overarching theme of active wellness.
Designed to reflect the developer’s philosophy of ‘placemaking’ by adopting an innovative approach to revitalisation, restoration and sustainability to the inner-city community, Sheikha Fatima Park integrates park elements with new components and community-led activities to breathe new life into the neighbourhood.
Allocating approximately 10,000 square metres to retail spaces featuring a variety of venues and outlets, these vibrant brands will enhance the unique visitor experience Sheikha Fatima Park offers. The following is a list of the first round of confirmed new retailers that will be opening their doors to park-goers this year:
Opening in April 2021:
- Dialogue Concept Store is a contemporary and explorative space bridging culture and conversation through coffee, design, and retail
- Combing classic stylish elements with high-tech innovations, Sola Café offers the perfect cup of java all while relaxing in warm and classy interiors with fine Arabic lounge music
- Seven Dawgs is a trendy halal hotdog concept serving up the most delicious sausages, fries, ice cream, shakes and more
Opening in Q3 2021:
- La Patchouli Café serves freshly brewed coffee with homemade sweets, salted biscuits, crepes, and waffles, all handcrafted from their central kitchen
- Acai Ko Café offers eye-catching healthy food full of exciting flavours served in a nature-themed ambiance to anyone who wants a quick and nutritional meal
- Crank is a boutique spin fitness gym and common space, where members can disconnect and recharge in an engaging environment
- Starbucks will unveil a new modern location at Sheikha Fatima Park
- My Nursery is a children’s daycare and nursery offering a unique learning approach to kids between the ages four month to four years
- Teela House, a cultural meeting place offering fun, relaxation and flavourful dishes
- Chocolate Republic serves modern European flavoursbringing guests the bestin French, Italian, Arab and Indian cuisines
- Crunch and Munch is a cosy café with a unique ambience, the concept of a rustic home design with a welcoming atmosphere that doubles as a workspace as well as a place to sit, relax and dine.
Opening in Q4 2021:
- Bellacure Beauty Center, a dedicated women’s lounge offering female visitors specialized services including a coffee and snack bar, clothing and perfume collections and world-class grooming services in an elegant and sophisticated social atmosphere
- Momentum isan exclusive cycle store focused on catering to Abu Dhabi’s cycling community and adventure junkies providing an elevated cycling experience for all
- Social Restaurant a casual cuisine restaurant in the heart of Abu Dhabi, offering a fun, social yet cozy ambience to guests.
- Coal Steakhouse is a churrascaria serving mouthwatering selection of cuts to bring a fusion of taste and texture
- A branch of Commercial Bank International and multiple ATMs will also be situated across the park.
Parvin Mansoor, Head of Development at IMKAN Properties commented: “Sheikha Fatima Park reflects IMKAN’s ethos of ‘placemaking’. Its diverse landscape will be home to spaces that range from an urban edge providing retail and F&B offerings to green activity areas and tranquil open lawns. Its family purposed areas will promote healthy lifestyle and leisure activities. All the park’s individual elements are designed to provide a relaxing antidote to the hustle and bustle of the city life. The launch of the retail outlets serves as an extension of Sheikha Fatima Park’s offerings, enhancing the overall experience of our visitors.”
Abu Dhabi-based real estate developer IMKAN has earned its reputation with a portfolio of 26 projects spanning three continents, the company’s ethos and vision being to create soulful places that enrich people’s lives.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Capital Group, IMKAN’s proposition is built around a unique research platform that identifies the needs and desires of its customer segment, from millennials to discerning high-net-worth individuals. Among the company’s key projects are two developments in Makers District – The Artery, a multi-use building that integrates a makers’ space with a parking garage, and Pixel, the company’s first mixed-use destination. Other key developments are Nudra, an exclusive beachside community, home to 37 luxury villas ; Sheikha Fatima Park, the capital’s first urban park that seeks to enhance community interaction; and AlJurf at Sahel Al Emarat, which comprises timeless villas and land plots set in a preserved and natural ecosystem nestled between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. AlJurf’s most recent addition is SHA Emirates which, once open in 2023, will be the second international SHA clinic following the flagship award-winning SHA Wellness Clinic in Spain.
About Sheikha Fatima Park
Sheikha Fatima Park, located at the corner of Al Bateen Street and Zayed the First Street in Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, is the first urban park that transforms the existing enclosed park to a destination for all ages by integrating with the community fabric, complementing the surrounding public realm, and creating spaces to celebrate the urban vision. The park with a myriad of activities, events and destinations set within an equally diverse range of landscapes will provide layers of year round persistent discovery that are family purposed and focused around healthy lifestyle and activities. The spaces range from an urban edge that provides retail and F&B with spill out areas, to events plazas, green activity spaces and tranquil open lawns. All elements have been designed to respond on a human scale with sustainability at the core and will provide a relaxing antidote to the bustle of its adjacent city spaces.
For further information, please contact:
+971 4 4767 616
© Press Release 2021