Bahrain-origin exports surge 103% to top $1bln in August

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin

  
Image used for illustrative purpose. A cargo ship is seen docked at Khalifa Port at APM Terminals in Muharraq, Bahrain, September 11, 2018.

Image used for illustrative purpose. A cargo ship is seen docked at Khalifa Port at APM Terminals in Muharraq, Bahrain, September 11, 2018.

REUTERS/Hamad I Mohammed

The value of exports of Bahrain origin increased by 103% to BD386 million ($1.01 billion) during August 2021, compared to BD190 million for the same month of the previous year, said the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) in a new report.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 79% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 21%, according to iGA’s foreign trade report of August 2021.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD77 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the US was second with BD62 million and the UAE third with BD53 million.

Unwrought aluminium alloys emerged as the top products exported during August 2021 with BD110 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with a value of BD108 million and unwrought aluminium (not alloyed) third with BD15 million.

The total value of re-exports increased by 31% to reach BD58 million during August 2021, compared to BD44 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 86% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 14%. The UAE ranked first with BD18 million, Saudi Arabia second with BD12 million, and Hong Kong third with BD4 million.

Four-wheel drive cars the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD9 million, gold ingots came in second place with BD5.1 million, and parts for aircraft engines came third with BD5 million.

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD53 million during August of 2021 versus BD194 million for the same month of the previous year with increase of 73%.

The value of imports increased by 16%, reaching BD496 million during August 2021 compared to BD428 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 72% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 28%.

According to the report, Brazil ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD92 million, China was second with BD65 million; and the UAE was third with BD33 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD105 million, while aluminium oxide was second with BD28 million, and parts for aircraft engines third with BD21 million. – TradeArabia News Service

Copyright 2021 Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).

Disclaimer: The content of this article is syndicated or provided to this website from an external third party provider. We are not responsible for, and do not control, such external websites, entities, applications or media publishers. The body of the text is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and has not been edited in any way. Neither we nor our affiliates guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions expressed in this article. Read our full disclaimer policy here.

More From GCC