Dubai - United Arab Emirates,14th of April 2016The 16th edition of the Dubai Derma Conference and Exhibition concluded today after three days of tremendous success with a consensus from all its visitors, participants, and speakers that Dubai Derma has surpassed all expectations and witnessed a great success. The event has succeeded to attract over its 3 days 12,500 visitors and participants.
"Scientific Committee Announces the Recommendations in Conclusion of Dubai Derma"
Dubai - United Arab Emirates,14th
of April 2016
The 16th edition of the Dubai Derma Conference and Exhibition concluded today after three days of tremendous success with a consensus from all its visitors, participants, and speakers that Dubai Derma has surpassed all expectations and witnessed a great success. The event has succeeded to attract over its 3 days 12,500 visitors and participants.
Dr. Abdul Salam Al Madani, Executive Chairman of Dubai Derma said: "Dubai Derma succeeded over the past 16 years to successfully attract thousands of doctors, professors, specialists and technicians working in the field of dermatology and skincare to Dubai. We are proud that Dubai Derma today is the largest specialized event in this field in the MENASA region, and we will work diligently to acquire the number one in the world in the coming few years."
Dr. Al Madani announced that the number of business deals sealed during the past three days surpassed 330 Million Dhs. He also said: "Exhibiting companies achieved a 10% increase in their business during Dubai Derma this year compared to last year. For this reason, companies are always looking forward to participate in Dubai Derma not only for the motivating revenue but also to achieve the maximum exposure for their products and machines in the regions markets."
The scientific committee for Dubai Derma announced today the recommendations for the 16th edition of the Dubai Derma Conference. Dr. Ibrahim Galadari, Chairman of the Dubai Derma Conference and Professor of Dermatology at the UAE University announced:
· Due to the groundbreaking demand on the pre-conference courses witnessed this year, we decided to expand the halls and increase the number of speakers for next year. This comes to help doctors increase their knowledge and expertise, which eventually will benefit them in their practice and profession, as well as prepare them for the periodic exams.
· The scientific and organizing committees decided to organize the pre-conference courses bi-annually, and the workshops on a regular basis more than once a year in cooperation with the Arab Academy of Dermatology and Aesthetics.
· Allocating three halls for scientific sessions in parallel, due to the high demand on the scientific topics addressed at the conference, while adding a fourth hall next year.
· Holding exams to help prepare doctors wishing to apply for specific scientific certificates in collaboration with prestigious institutions and universities from around the world.
· Audit and control the cosmetic services, and confine it on dermatology specialties and cosmetic surgery under the supervision of accredited medical centers.
· Issuance of a medical journal titled "Dubai Derma" under the supervision of the Arab Academy of Dermatology and Aesthetics, which will be bi-annual in the beginning and then quarterly.
· Develop the accompanying exhibition and increase its space and work to gain the honor of organizing the World Dermatology Congress in 2023.
Form his side, Dr. Abdul Wahab Al Fouzan, Secretary General of the Pan Arab League of Dermatology, recounted the high praise he received from the participants for the high quality of the scientific lectures and sessions, which is due to the extreme efforts put by the scientific committee presided by Dr. Hassan Galadari, who worked hard to only pick the best and latest topics, papers, speakers, which led to the conference coming out on this level.
On the sidelines of the conference & the exhibition, Dubai Derma Night along with the celebration of 25 years of success of INDEX Conference and Exhibitions took place yesterday at Al Meydan Hotel in Dubai. The night was attended by Dr Ahmed Al Banna, UAE Ambassador in INDIA and by His Excellency Abdullah bin Souqat, the Executive Director of the Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences, and a number of international dignitaries and top-notch speakers from all around the world.
Dubai Derma night included a number of recreational and cultural shows, gaining admiration of all the attendees who expressed their delight about all the presentations and accompanying entertainment shows. The ceremony also witnessed the handout of several awards by scientific committee, given to prominent personalities in the industry.
Dubai Derma Personality of the Year Award was given to Dr. Ibrahim Galadari for his outstanding contributions to the dermatology and skincare profession. On the other hand, INDEX Special Award was awarded to Dr Ahmed Al Banna, UAE Ambassador in INDIA and to His Excellency Abdullah bin Souqat, the Executive Director of the Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences, for their great support for INDEX over the years to deliver prestigious events that eventually adds value to the economy of the UAE.
In this context, Dr. Abdul Salam Al Madani Chairman of INDEX Holding said: "For the past 25 years, INDEX has had a pivotal role in the events industry in the UAE and the region and we are very proud that we are the only UAE national company that specializes in comprehensive events management which is recognized globally as a prime scientific, economic, technical and tourism, academic and cultural organization."
He added: "INDEX Conferences and Exhibitions is now at the forefront of the MICE industry globally. Over the past 25 years, we have contributed to 25% of the UAE's market share in the events industry, and attracted more than 1 million visitors from 133 countries to come to Dubai in order to participate, visit and benefit from the events organized by INDEX".
Dubai Derma is held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Minister of Finance and President of the Dubai Health Authority, and it is held in collaboration with the Arab Academy of Dermatology & Aesthetics, Pan Arab League of Dermatology and the GCC League of Dermatologists; and the event is supported by Government of Dubai and Dubai Health Authority. Dubai Derma is organized annually by INDEX Conferences and Exhibitions - member of INDEX Holding.
© Press Release 2016