KUWAIT CITY: Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) and its subsidiaries are currently working on the electronic link and digital transformation with the Ministry of Oil; including the transfer of paper approval forms into an electronic system between the ministry and oil companies, reports Al-Anba daily quoting reliable sources.
Sources disclosed this is considered a huge leap in terms of facilitating procedures and obtaining approvals between the ministry and oil companies.
Sources pointed out the corona pandemic crisis necessitates speeding up the application of technology and electronic correspondence in the oil sector. Sources said this is done through the continuous pursuit of improvement in electronic services and creating other services that keep pace with technological developments in order to facilitate and simplify work procedures and obtain the necessary approvals for drilling, development, production and export operations.
It should be noted that electronic services are aimed at curbing the spread of coronavirus and contribute to achieving social distancing which the ministry and oil companies have been keen on implementing since the start of the pandemic about eight months ago.
The daily obtained a copy of the governmental document which enumerates the electronic services offered by the ministry as follows:
1. Electronic correspondence through the web and smartphones using the latest software and the most vital information security technique to allow supervisors and employees to send documents and connect with the electronic messaging system (G2G),
2. Administrative Affairs Models program,
3. Smart fingerprint system on mobile phones,
4. Meetings of committees, teams and board of directors on iPads,
5. Petroleum media platform for the ministry, through which instructions, announcements and live broadcast of seminars and courses are sent to its employees,
6. Microsoft Times program for remote meetings.
© 2020 Arab Times Kuwait English Daily. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).