Digital Economy Solutions (DES), a joint venture between emaratech and the Department of Economic Development of Dubai (DED), will launch DubaiStore, the first local online marketplace to focus on SMEs and home-based businesses (e-traders).
DubaiStore, quintessentially an online marketplace for all licensed businesses in the emirate of Dubai, is unique in concept and design, and focuses primarily on promoting businesses with zero possibility of direct competition between it and the sellers, since it does not own or sell any products of its own.
Presenting the DubaiStore model to the public at the Seamless Middle East exhibition in Dubai, Abdallah Hassan Ahmed Hassan, CEO of DES, said: “We plan to launch the online marketplace in the third quarter this year. DubaiStore aims to support the economic growth of Dubai by encouraging e-commerce as an efficient trading channel, governed by Dubai’s laws and regulations. It is a government initiative under the operational control of DES.”
Serving its social responsibilities, Digital Economy Solutions with the support of Dubai Economy (DED) will be enrolling eTraders without registration or commission charges.
DES is also exploring strategic partnership with key players in the market, he added.
Using the latest ecommerce technologies, the platform will have all the capabilities of creating and managing online stores and orders, which caters the needs of all business segments. Analytics and advisory services will also be available to support business retention and growth.
“DubaiStore is the perfect gateway for you to exponentially grow your business via a host of notable features, many of which are unique to DubaiStore in the region,” he added.
Unlike existing marketplaces, DubaiStore thrives to promote merchants’ individuality, providing them with a digital representation of their physical brand.
Having the Department of Economic Development as a strategic partner will support DubaiStore to become a leading player in the world of e-commerce, providing trusted platform to its consumers and digital representation to almost all businesses licensed in Dubai.
The features of DubaiStore include:
• Elevated brand identity through distinct company/brand logo, name and description;
• A dedicated e-store within the marketplace;
• Enhanced customer interaction through onsite message centre between the seller and the consumer, and various messenger and social media integrations including WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Instagram
• A level of autonomy of operational and commercial functionalities, controlled by the merchants, such as defining product bundles, using their own pickup locations and their own courier service;
• Integrated ‘noqodi’ payment gateway to facilitate online payments as well as integration with ZAJEL courier service to facilitate deliveries;
• Increased confidence in consumers due to marketplace affiliation with DED and its departments such as the Commercial Compliance & Consumer Protection, which guarantees consumer rights, fair trading and the participation of 100% trusted licensed businesses;
• Exposure through the marketing activities of DubaiStore;
• Full guidance and assistance with regards to on-boarding process and store management. – TradeArabia News Service
آ© Copyright 2014 www.tradearabia.com
Copyright 2018 Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).