DUBAI: Honeywell (NYSE: HON), the global technology leader, will demonstrate advanced Internet of Things (IoT) software and hardware solutions for safer, more secure and more efficient smart cities at Intersec 2019, taking place January 20-22 at the Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC).
With annual spending on smart city technologies within the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region expected to double from $1.3 billion to $2.7 billion over the next four years, Honeywell will showcase a range of integrated technologies to help cities proactively prevent crime, detect fires and security threats, facilitate waste management, and implement smart parking systems. The Company will also show command and control, fire safety and security platforms designed for use by the region’s industrial, retail, banking and healthcare sectors.
Norm Gilsdorf, president, Honeywell, High Growth Regions, Middle East, Russia & CIS, commented: “Honeywell’s software, hardware and data analytics capabilities are helping to shape the development of smart cities in the Middle East and around the world. By leveraging the power of IoT and data-driven insights, we’re helping tackle an array of challenges. From traffic management and crowd monitoring, to pedestrian safety and various other security concerns, many issues can now be addressed quickly thanks to new levels of connectivity that are helping increase the quality of life for residents and facilitate economic growth.”
Research shows cities that deploy a range of security data-driven applications to their maximum effect can reduce fatalities from homicide, road traffic, and fires by eight to 10 percent. Honeywell has a proven track record deploying smart city and city-wide surveillance solutions globally, including video management and facial recognition technologies that can check an individual’s face against designated watch lists. Other capabilities include systems to detect traffic congestion, capture the registration number of vehicles from video footage to help locate lost, abandoned or stolen vehicles, and CCTV analytics platforms with object detection technology to monitor crowds and trigger automated alarms in emergency situations.
Visitors to Honeywell’s stand at Intersec 2019 will be given a demonstration of various hardware and software solutions, including:
- Honeywell Command and Control Platform (CCP) – forms the foundation of a smart city command center where city administrators can monitor and operate public service solutions intelligently and effectively. It enables municipalities to build a city-level digital platform that integrates data from various connected systems such as city surveillance, access control systems and building and roadside sensors.
- WINMAG Plus – Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) – a PC-based software security platform that is specially designed for the requirements of security technology management. The platform centrally manages intrusion detection, fire detection, video, access control, escape door control and rescue route technologies, and building management systems.
- MAXPRO Cloud – brings security capabilities that previously were only attainable for large enterprises to small and medium businesses (SMB). The cloud offers the flexibility to scale SMB security needs based on fluctuating business demands. It also provides affordable, streamlined options for budget-conscious SMB owners without sacrificing the quality of protection.
- Enterprise Integrated Ecosystem Powered by Pro-Watch® 4.5, MAXPRO VMS R550 – a security management platform that enables proactive and predictive security through real-time data processing and an intuitive user interface. The system equips organizations with the right tools to protect people, secure assets and ensure regulatory compliance by combining access control, digital video, intrusion and building management systems into a powerful, cybersecure solution.
- Honeywell VESDA® E Series of Aspirating Smoke Detectors – The new VESDA-E has a range of features, including dramatically increased sensitivity – up to 15 times greater than previous models; flexibility for deployment in a wide variety of applications; multi-port addressability - a first for Aspirating Smoke Detectors; unparalleled connectivity and expansion options; and, field upgradability.
- Honeywell FarenhytTM Series – An intelligent and customizable next generation fire system built with innovative fire alarm control, assisted voice evacuation, and mass notification capabilities. It provides safety across various segments from educational institutions and healthcare facilities to commercial complexes and government buildings.
- Honeywell’s INTEVIO Public Address and Voice Alarm system – Easy-to-install and easy-to-use system suitable for various applications such as schools, hotels, offices and factories. The system is an integrated solution that provides an excellent user experience and low cost of ownership.
Visit Honeywell at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Stand #D12, Hall 4, at Intersec 2019, January 20-22, 2019.
© Press Release 2019