DUBAI: The Expo School Programme has announced the launch of Expo 2020 Young Stars, created to provide an extraordinary opportunity for the students of the UAE to perform in Al Wasl Plaza, the heart and soul of Expo 2020 Dubai.
Expo 2020 celebrates the diversity of our schools and students. Each participating school will create its own unique show based on the themes and spirit of Expo 2020.
The schools of the nation can get more details on how to participate by visiting https://schools-staging.expo2020dubai.com/en/teachers/expo-2020-young-stars
More on Al Wasl Plaza:
It is here that Dubai and the UAE will welcome the world. The opening and closing ceremony will occur in Al Wasl Plaza, as well as musical and theatrical performances, and fully immersive experiences using projections and sound.
Al Wasl Plaza is where the extraordinary comes to life.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai will bring together millions of people for The World’s Greatest Show, celebrating human brilliance and achievement under the theme ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
- The six months from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021 will be a moment in time to be part of an unparalleled event. We are extending a warm Emirati welcome to the world:
- 25 million visits are expected, with many visitors expected to come more than once
- 70 per cent of visitors anticipated to come from outside the UAE, the largest proportion of international visitors in the 168-year history of World Expos
- An entertaining global celebration with something for everyone, Expo 2020 will wow visitors with 60 daily events across 173 days, showcasing the best of music, technology, creativity and culture, while 200 F&B outlets will feature famous chefs and cuisine from every corner of the world
- Expo 2020 will be an endless journey of discovery. Visitors will have access to the latest innovations and breakthroughs, with more than 200 participants – including 192 nations, multilateral organisations, businesses and educational institutions – coming together to highlight real-life solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges
- Expo 2020’s sub-themes of Opportunity,Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to make a conscious effort to think and live differently, and give them renewed optimism that, through collaboration, it is possible to make a lasting change to the world
- The first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) will be located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
The Expo 2020 Dubai Media Information System, Tawassul, is now available by registering at https://media.expo2020dubai.com . Tawassul is your essential tool to access important information and updates on topics such as media accreditation, licences and permits, press releases and visual assets.
The Expo 2020 Global Media Briefing, taking place in Dubai from 20-22 October 2019, will provide hundreds of members of the media the latest updates and insights on the event. To register, email: email@example.com
Follow: Twitter: @expo2020dubai | Facebook: @Expo2020Dubai | Instagram: expo2020dubai
About World Expos
In 1851 the Crystal Palace was the centrepiece of London’s Great Exhibition – the first World Expo. It celebrated the man-made industrial wonders of a rapidly changing world. Architecture, contents and a theme, ‘Industry of All Nations’, were combined to create a big idea of nations meeting nations in shared technological and commercial progress. In more recent years, participants in World Expos, including governments, international organisations and companies, have gathered to find solutions to universal challenges and to promote their achievements, products, ideas, innovations, their national brand, and their nations as destinations for tourism, trade and investment.
World Expos are held under the auspices of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE), the intergovernmental organisation responsible for overseeing and regulating international exhibitions (‘Expos’) and for fostering their core values of Education, Innovation and Cooperation. Today, four types of Expos are organised under the BIE’s auspices: World Expos, Specialised Expos, Horticultural Expos and the Triennale di Milano.
© Press Release 2019