In spite of the current global situation, Dubai Quality Group has received 95 submissions to the 15th Cycle of Ideas Arabia and the 9th Cycle of UAE Ideas from the UAE and GCC countries, wherein 57 are shortlisted for their outstanding ideas. The Awards Assessment period started from November 2020 until January 2021, wherein, high professional jury and assessors have been chosen for the evaluation of the award categories to ensure transparency, integrity and accuracy of results.
Eng.Hassan Omar, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, opened the ceremony with a welcome speech saying, “it is my distinct pleasure to launch the first Virtual Award Ceremony of the UAE Ideas and Ideas Arabia. The remarkable and challenging year of 2020 has brought us to a greater level of digital transformation which led different industry to optimize its technological advancement.
He added “In line with the “50-Year Development Plan” of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the U.A.E, Ruler of Dubai, DQG has formed new subgroups of artificial intelligence, digital transformation and futuristic. We are determined to continually achieve our vision to be the leading quality, excellence and innovation partner in the MENA Region.
Through the annual cycle of Ideas Arabia and UAE Ideas, we are able to highlight great ideas executed by various organizations and promote the global pursuit of progress in the business community.
Hence, we are delighted to share the Awards Assessment Milestone of the 15th Ideas Arabia and 9th UAE Ideas consisting of 95 applications from the Government and Private sectors, 57 shortlisted submissions and participation of 33 assessors. Today, it is our pleasure to honor 23 winners who have exemplified excellence in the ideas they have implemented in their organizations. It only proves how we are all developing a strong culture of continuous improvement, despite the present challenges we are facing.” He added.
The program was followed by the speeches of Mr. Hussain Al Fardan,Subgroup Chair of Ideas Arabia, Dubai Quality Group, who manages all UAE Ideas and Ideas Arabia activities; Dr. Kamal Saleh, Head of Jury of Ideas Arabia and UAE Ideas; Dr. Arif Fadhel,Chief Assessor of Ideas Arabia; and Dr. Anwar Hamim, Chief Assessor of UAE Ideas.
The Ideas Arabia Competition is conducted annually to recognize the most significant ideas accomplished by the organizations. Not only does this competition provides an opportunity for participating companies to benchmark against other leading organizations, but it also acts as a motivational tool for employees to perform to their highest potential.
The UAE Ideas Competition acknowledges the best creative and innovative Emirati ideas implemented in the previous year, rewarded according to different categories.
The Appreciation Ceremony started with the acknowledgement of the Awards Assessment Team, followed by the highly anticipated announcement of the Winners of the 15th Ideas Arabia and 9th UAE Ideas 2020. The following organizations/ individuals were honored after the deliberate selection and assessment of their submissions based on the Awards categories:
15th Ideas Arabia 2020 winners:
- Winners of “Sustainability” Category:
- Dubai Municipality for idea of “Implementation of Sustainable Artificial Intelligent Solution in Waste Water Treatment/Recycling Process for Optimizing Energy Consumption”
- Emirates Global Aluminum for the idea of “Eliminate Excessive Dust Emission in Alumina Conveyor (CV-11) Transfer Point”
- Winner of “Health and Safety” Category is Dubai Customs for the idea of“Customs Safe Passage Booth”
- Winner of “Innovation” Category Dubai Police General Headquarter for the idea of “Intelligent Alert System”
- Winners of “Technology” Category are:
- Dubai Public Prosecution for the idea of“Remote Litigation”
- Dubai Customs for the idea of“Customs Mega Scanner” by
- Roads & Transport Authority Dubai for the idea of“Drivers Testing System”
- Winner of “Customer Happiness” Category is Dubai Police General Headquarter for the idea of “Zero Customers and Closing Service Centers”
- Winner of “Financial” Category is Dubai Customs for the idea of “Cross Border E-Commerce”
- Winner of “Productivity” Category is Saudi Electricity Company“ONLINE WATER FILLING IN VSD CLOSE COOLING SYSTEM”
- Winner of “Educational” Category is General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai, for the idea of “Future Foresight Diploma” ( دبلوم استشراف المستقبل)
- Winner of “Best Shared Idea” Category is General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai, for the idea of “New Generation”
- Winner of “Best Suggestion Program Coordinator” Category is “Captain Talal Saif Al-Matroushi”, Ajman Police General Headquarter
- Winner of “Executive Leadership” Category is “Major / Khalid Khalifa Al Mazrouei” - Dubai Police General Headquarter
- Winner of “Idea of the Year” Category is Dubai Municipality, for the idea of “Implementation of Sustainable Artificial Intelligent Solution in WasteWater Treatment/ Recycling Process for Optimizing Energy Consumption”.
9th UAE Ideas 2020 winners:
- “Empowering National Human Resources” Category Winner is Dubai Police General Headquarter, for the idea of “Cooperating Students”
- “Promoting UAE Marketing Abroad” Category winner is Dubai Police General Headquarter, for the idea of “The International Accreditation of the Dubai Center for International Civil Aviation Security by the International Civil Aviation Organization – ICAO”
- “Empowering Voluntary and Charitable Work Inside and Outside UAE” Category Winner is Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarter “We are All the Police”
- “Promoting Smart Government” Category winner is Ajman Police General Headquarter, for the idea of“The Smart Messenger Program”.
- “Promoting Environment Work (eco-friendly application)” Category Winner is Fujairah Municipality for the idea of “Think Green App”
- “Promoting Business” Category Winner is Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), for the idea of “Deployment of Special Double T-Connector to Support (DEWA) Faster Restoring the Electrical Supply During Emergencies”
- “Promoting Inventions” Category Winners are:
Dubai Municipality , for the idea of “3D-Printed Building with Local Materials”
Dubai Police General Headquarter, for the idea of “Innovation Lab”
About Dubai Quality group:
Dubai Quality Group is a non-profit organization set up by the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Guided by the vision of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Quality Group established in 1994 to develop and promote Quality and Business Excellence practices in UAE. Dubai Quality Group organizes Quality and Business Excellence related training, events, and programs throughout the year to improve and promote Quality of Service & Business Excellence in the region. DQG hosts Free Evening Seminars conducted exclusively for DQG member organizations, to provide their employees with an effective platform for networking and knowledge sharing. Dubai Quality Group offers three categories of membership to companies; Investor Partner, Corporate Membership & Affiliate Membership.
For further information contact: Doaa Afifi, Digital Marketing & PR Manager | email@example.com | www.dqg.org
© Press Release 2021