CAIRO- The lowest offer received on Sunday at an Egyptian state purchasing tender for local vegetable oils was 19,800 Egyptian pounds ($1,259.54) per tonne for 10,000 tonnes of soyoil, traders said.
Egypt's state grains buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC,) is seeking an unspecified quantity of vegetable oils in a local tender for arrival May 15-June 5.
Traders said the following were the offers presented at the tender:
* Alex Co. for Seeds: 8,000 tonnes of soyoil at 19,850 Egyptian pounds (equating $1,262.72)
* Soyven: 5,000 tonnes of soyoil at 19,860 Egyptian pounds (equating to $1,263.35)
* El Magd: 10,000 tonnes of soyoil at 19,800 Egyptian pounds(equating to $1,259.54)
* UCMMA: 3,000 tonnes of soyoil at 20,100 Egyptian pounds (equating to $1,278.62)
* Ever Green: 3,000 tonnes of soyoil at 20,000 Egyptian pounds (equating to $1,272.26)
The offers were calculated at an exchange rate of 15.72 pounds to the dollar. No purchase has yet been made but results are expected later on Sunday.
(Reporting by Nadine Awadalla Editing by Gareth Jones) ((Nadine.Awadalla@thomsonreuters.com;))