CAIRO- An international purchase tender for vegetable oils by Egypt's General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC) on Thursday attracted a lowest offer of $704.82 per tonne for 12,000 tonnes of soyoil, traders said.
The lowest offer for sunflower oil was $758.00 per tonne for 12,000 tonnes, the traders said.
GASC said it was seeking at least 30,000 tonnes of soyoil and 10,000 tonnes of sunflower oil for Oct. 10-30 arrival.
Traders gave the following breakdown of offers presented at the tender in dollars per tonne, unless otherwise stated, on a cost and freight basis:
* ADM: 12,000 tonnes of sunflower oil at $758.00 and/or 30,000 tonnes of soyoil at $733.00
* Aston: 11,500 tonnes or 17,000 tonnes of sunflower oil at $763.62 and/or 30,000 tonnes of soyoil at $738.72
* Hakan: 11,000 tonnes of sunflower oil at $763.33 and/or 30,000 tonnes of soyoil at $723.21
* Alex Co. for Seeds: 20,000 tonnes of soyoil at 11,750 Egyptian pounds (around $707.83)
* Watanya: 12,000 tonnes of soyoil at 11,700 Egyptian pounds (around $704.82)
* Multi Trade: 4,000 tonnes of sunflower oil at 13,400 Egyptian pounds (around $807.23)
(Reporting by Nadine Awadalla and Maha El Dahan; editing by Emelia Sithole-Matarise and David Evans) ((Nadine.Awadalla@thomsonreuters.com;))