Sep 27 2012
|more articles from|
help AG Security Spotlight Forum Highlights Latest Cyber Threats and Security Technologies in Middle East
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 27th September, 2012 - As a testament to the increasing focus of Middle East organizations on IT security, help AG, a leading information security services and solutions provider in the Middle East, has been witnessing an increasing turnout at its quarterly Security Spotlight Forum (SSF). The last security themed forum which was held mid-September in collaboration with vendor partners Infoblox, Juniper Networks, F5 Networks and Mi-Token saw a total attendance of 120 participants across the three events in Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Some of the highlights from the presentations, which covered the topics of DDoS prevention, user-aware security infrastructure, IPv6, secure password management, two-factor authentication and Domain Name System (DNS) security, included:
- Password management is a significant concern for organizations due to poorly defined policies and employee complacency. This can be remedied though the deployment of low cost Two Factor Authentication (2FA) which authenticates users based on the model which combines use of a username and password with a code provided by a token device. The solution from Mi-Token permits is easily managed and permits access remote access from cloud applications, mobile devices and VPN networks.
- Distributed-Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks which are primarily executed though saturation of network and server resources can impact the availability, stability and security of a web service. F5 Networks offers a range of DDoS prevention and IP Intelligence solutions which mitigate the effects of such attacks as only authenticated, authorized and legal requests are permitted to the relevant application servers.
- Attacks targeting the Domain Name System (DNS) have been on the rise. This combined with the introduction of IPv6 make DNS and IP Address Management critical network services for any organization as it is vital that systems are protected and kept available at any time. Infoblox delivers one of the most flexible and versatile solutions on the market for securing, controlling and managing the whole DNS and IP Address infrastructure.
- The new ISO 22301 standard for business continuity and disaster recovery is a framework defined by ISO which ensures the organization's ability to to continue delivery of products or services at acceptable predefined levels following disruptive incident. help AG offers the region's best strategic consultancy services and can assist organizations through every phase of the certification process.
- The growing popularity of cloud computing and web-based applications and the increase in employee internet activity have made network security a top priority for IT departments. Juniper Networks believes that visibility is key to effectively managing and securing the network. Their Unified Access Control solution greatly advances network security by offering user identity based access control, encrypted secure access to the corporate network even from remote devices combined with detailed reporting for easy administration.
"Over the years the Security Spotlight Forum has proven to be an excellent platform for us to connect with both new and existing customers," said Stephan Berner, Managing Director at help AG. "We have always received highly positive feedback from our attendees who find it to be a convenient way to get up to date with the latest trends and technologies in the IT security domain. This edition of SSF was attended by prominent government and private sector organizations from the UAE and Qatar and a number of these have expressed interest in employing our services to implement the demonstrated solutions."
The event was lauded by a senior manager from an Abu Dhabi government entity who commented, "help AG Security Spotlight Forum is a must-attend event for senior staff, providing concise briefings on the latest technologies and discrepancies in critical areas of enterprise and technology security. If you are based in the UAE and serious about technology security you need to be talking to help AG."
About help AG
help AG is a strategic information security consulting company, founded in Germany in 1995 and has been present in the Middle East since 2004. help AG provides leading enterprise businesses across the region with strategic consultancy combined with tailored information security solutions and services that address their diverse requirements enabling them to evolve securely with a competitive edge.
Each and every vendor solution help AG presents to a Client has been thoroughly researched and evaluated. help AG is constantly identifying new and innovative solutions to offer to the market through its own in-house research & development laboratory. For more information, please visit www.helpag.com.
Tel: +97150 6400762
© Press Release 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- There's More