Ovum MWC comments: Greenpeace names telecoms industry climate laggards...but are they shamed?
"Bharti Airtel, acknowledged as a leader in market innovation, comes in for particular criticism; Greenpeace gives it a score of zero (out of a possible 60) for failing to disclose its carbon emissions, not setting any target for emissions reduction and not declaring a roadmap to shift away from heavy dependency on diesel.
"Bharti's overall 'green' score is 6 out 60, while NTT actually manages an overall score of zero. By contrast NTT's competitor Softbank achieves the highest score of 35/60 and gets plaudits for its championing of clean energy, while Vodafone scores 24/60.
Ovum provides clients with independent and objective analysis that enables them to make better business and technology decisions. Our research draws upon over 400,000 interviews a year with business and technology, telecoms and sourcing decision-makers, giving Ovum and our clients unparalleled insight not only into business requirements but also the technology that organisations must support. Ovum is an Informa business.
Follow Ovum at MWC 2012: http://ovum.com/section/ovum-at-mobile-world-congress-2012/
For further information, contact:
PR Manager EMEA
t: +44 20 7017 7916 |
f: +44 20 7551 9090 |
bb: +44 7825 560 552 |
© Ovum 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More