Feb 21 2012
|more articles from|
Belkhadem: The Syrians Alone Decide Their Own Future, AL Stance towards Syria Needs Reconsideration
"The Arab League is no longer a league and it is so far from being Arab as its name indicates since it asks the Security Council to interfere against one of its founding members and calls upon the NATO to destroy the resources of Arab countries," Belkhadem, who is the personal representative of Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, was quoted by the AFP as saying in an interview with an Algerian French-speaking radio station.
He stressed the need for putting an end to what is happening in Syria and for leaving the Syrians decide their future by themselves.
Medelci expressed hope that the Arab initiative will remain the main reference for resolving the crisis in Syria and the Arab League will stay a mediator between the Syrian authorities and the opposition.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- There's More