Feb 18 2012
|more articles from|
UAE trade to reach Dh2.4 trillion in 2015
Trade likely to touch Dh1.81trillion this year
Official data showed imports by the UAE, the second largest Arab economy after Saudi Arabia, could reach Dh1.06 trillion while exports could rise to Dh1.34 trillion.
In 2012, the country's trade is projected to touch Dh1.81 trillion, including about Dh979 billion in exports, according to figures provided by Jamal bin Thaniya, deputy chairman of Dubai's DP World.
It slumped to about Dh488 billion because of global recession before rebounding to nearly Dh575 billion in 2010, he said, quoted by the semi-official Arabic language daily Al Ittihad.
Bin Thaniya cited international estimates to show that the UAE's GDP is forecast to grow by an average six per cent in 2015 and that growth is expected at around 3.8 per cent in 2012. Inflation is projected at 2.1 per cent this year, 1.6 per cent in 2013, 2.8 per cent in 2014 and 2.5 per cent in 2015, he said.
© Emirates 24|7 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- Peru to auction off jailed spymaster's trove of jewels
- Russian drunk driver kills American cyclist on peace ride -Itar-Tass
- REFILE-Rival to UK PM Cameron in 2015 vote says can win despite poor image
- Chubby Checker, HP settle lawsuit over penis-measuring app
- Rival to UK PM Cameron in 2015 vote says can win despite poor image
- There's More