Jan 25 2012
|more articles from|
Govt. forms committee to restore 400,000 acres to Kurds and Turkmen
Speaking to AKnews, Kheyrullah Hassan, Iraqi Trade Minister (a Kurd) told AKnews that the minister will work to annul nine orders by Saddam Hussein's deposed regime under which some 400,000 acres of land owned by the Kurds and Turkmen of Kirkuk Province were allocated to the Ministries of Oil and Defense, and Arab settlers in the late 1970s.
Yesterday the Council of Ministers voted to annul these orders.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Agriculture
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- There's More