May 22 2011
|more articles from|
QIIB announces liberal lending product
But the minimum monthly salary of a customer wanting to take advantage of the new scheme should be QR5,000.
The new 'lending product' is available to both citizens and expatriates, the QIIB said in a press statement issued yesterday.
He, however, did not explain what the product is but said it was being launched keeping in mind customers' requirements in line with the QIIB 's customer-centric banking practices.
Existing QIIB customers can also take benefit from the scheme which is a straight forward product. The 'profit rate' (margins to be charged) starts at a minimum of 2.72 percent.
A key feature of the product is six months of grace period for the first instalment payment for the loan. Customers of the scheme will also receive a free credit card, the bank said. Those interested may contact any of the QIIB branches or the bank's 24-hour call centre for enquiries and details about the scheme.
© The Peninsula 2011
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Islamic Finance
- U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- Jury finds no negligence in trial over man's 8-month erection
- Famed Milwaukee tavern rehangs bras on ceiling
- Soccer-Zimbabwe may have to field two goalkeepers in qualifier
- Italian named world's top pasta chef for recession-inspired dish
- There's More