May 19 2011
|more articles from|
M&As in pipeline for Malaysian Takaful
The Malaysian Star quoted Ernst & Young's Brandon Bruce Sta Maria, who said the smaller Islamic insurers will continue to be targets for foreign entities keen to enter Malaysia's booming Takaful industry.
Since changes in January to ownership rules, allowing foreign firms to take up to a 70% stake in Malaysian insurers, large foreign insurers, including Axa and Fairfax, Zurich and Alliance have all staked claims in Malaysian insurance and Takaful firms.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Islamic Finance
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos, closes Peeping Tom loophole
- UPDATE 2-Canadian guilty of sexual assault after piercing condoms
- UPDATE 1-Canadian guilty of sexual assault after piercing condom
- Obama good for hockey beer bet -Canadian Prime Minister Harper
- Canadian guilty of sexual assault after piercing condom
- There's More