May 19 2011
|more articles from|
M&As in pipeline for Malaysian Takaful
The Malaysian Star quoted Ernst & Young's Brandon Bruce Sta Maria, who said the smaller Islamic insurers will continue to be targets for foreign entities keen to enter Malaysia's booming Takaful industry.
Since changes in January to ownership rules, allowing foreign firms to take up to a 70% stake in Malaysian insurers, large foreign insurers, including Axa and Fairfax, Zurich and Alliance have all staked claims in Malaysian insurance and Takaful firms.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Islamic Finance
- China Communist Party mouthpiece demands "rectification" of satirical Twitter account
- China to outlaw eating of protected animal species
- Accused Kansas killer with 'murder' tattoo to wear turtleneck
- Trip Tips: Brazil's beachless metropolis is a foodie's paradise
- No Mountain Dew: Florida students face big test without caffeine
- There's More