May 19 2011
|more articles from|
M&As in pipeline for Malaysian Takaful
The Malaysian Star quoted Ernst & Young's Brandon Bruce Sta Maria, who said the smaller Islamic insurers will continue to be targets for foreign entities keen to enter Malaysia's booming Takaful industry.
Since changes in January to ownership rules, allowing foreign firms to take up to a 70% stake in Malaysian insurers, large foreign insurers, including Axa and Fairfax, Zurich and Alliance have all staked claims in Malaysian insurance and Takaful firms.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Islamic Finance
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More