May 19 2011
|more articles from|
M&As in pipeline for Malaysian Takaful
The Malaysian Star quoted Ernst & Young's Brandon Bruce Sta Maria, who said the smaller Islamic insurers will continue to be targets for foreign entities keen to enter Malaysia's booming Takaful industry.
Since changes in January to ownership rules, allowing foreign firms to take up to a 70% stake in Malaysian insurers, large foreign insurers, including Axa and Fairfax, Zurich and Alliance have all staked claims in Malaysian insurance and Takaful firms.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Islamic Finance
- Ship that sank in 1888 found near San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
- Two 10-year-olds caught selling grandparents' pot at Colorado school
- Sriracha hot sauce makers head for next showdown in California
- Tennessee man breaks into civil rights museum, then falls asleep
- Lawyers for Colorado theater shooter to appeal second sanity exam
- There's More