May 19 2011
|more articles from|
M&As in pipeline for Malaysian Takaful
The Malaysian Star quoted Ernst & Young's Brandon Bruce Sta Maria, who said the smaller Islamic insurers will continue to be targets for foreign entities keen to enter Malaysia's booming Takaful industry.
Since changes in January to ownership rules, allowing foreign firms to take up to a 70% stake in Malaysian insurers, large foreign insurers, including Axa and Fairfax, Zurich and Alliance have all staked claims in Malaysian insurance and Takaful firms.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Islamic Finance
- Golf-Heavyweight trio say Langer, 56, merits Ryder consideration
- UPDATE 1-Arial, Times New Roman ... and now the 'Hugo Chavez' font
- Arial, Times New Roman ... and now the 'Hugo Chavez' font
- UPDATE 2-One dead after lightning strikes crowd at California beach
- UPDATE 1-Eight hurt by lightning at L.A.'s Venice Beach
- There's More