May 15 2011
|more articles from|
AIB to set up Islamic banking unit
The successful bidder will help AIB to set up an Islamic banking window, recruit and train its staff, plus develop and implement Shari'ah compliant financial processes across the unit.
The move by AIB would nose it ahead of its domestic competitors in the Islamic banking stakes. Recently the Azerbaijani AmrahBank postponed its plans to introduce Islamic banking products, citing a lack of legislative framework to allow it to carry out Islamic banking properly. However Nikoli Bank is hoping to raise nearly $200,000 for its recently-launched 'Vadia yad Daman' Shari'ah compliant banking products.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Islamic Finance
- Demand for Islamic pension funds valued at USD190bn
- Global sukuk issuance poised for a big leap
- CIMA wins 'Best Islamic Finance Education Provider 2013' award at the Global Islamic Finance Awards 2013
- Double digit growth expected in Gulf sukuk issuance
- Global sukuk market growth trends set to continue