May 15 2011
|more articles from|
AIB to set up Islamic banking unit
The successful bidder will help AIB to set up an Islamic banking window, recruit and train its staff, plus develop and implement Shari'ah compliant financial processes across the unit.
The move by AIB would nose it ahead of its domestic competitors in the Islamic banking stakes. Recently the Azerbaijani AmrahBank postponed its plans to introduce Islamic banking products, citing a lack of legislative framework to allow it to carry out Islamic banking properly. However Nikoli Bank is hoping to raise nearly $200,000 for its recently-launched 'Vadia yad Daman' Shari'ah compliant banking products.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Islamic Finance
- UAB announces a net profit of AED328m for the first six months of the year, an increase of 26% over H1 2013
- Oman Arab Bank's Islamic banking arm completes one year
- Returns of 3-month deposit in KWD .80% by end of Q2
- UAE Islamic banking assets crossed USD95bn in 2013
- Value of Saudi Arabia's Islamic banking assets reaches USD285bn