Mar 27 2011
|more articles from|
World's Biggest LNG Producers by 2020
No prizes for guessing who the world's largest LNG producer will be by 2020, but guess who is the fastest growing.
Chevron is the world's fastest growing liquefied natural gas (LNG) producer, beating Qatar Petroleum , according to Evaluate Energy data. Between 2010 and 2020, the U.S. energy giant will add 17 million tonnes, beating Qatar Petroleum 's 11.5 million tonnes during the same year.
However, Qatar Petroleum will remain the world's largest producer of LNG with nearly 53 million tonnes of LNG production by 2020. Algeria's Sonatrach is a distant second and Chevron will move to sixth place by 2020.
Here is the list:
© AlifArabia 2011
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Oil & Gas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More