Feb 17 2011
|more articles from|
Syria: Burial chamber dating back to Hellenistic period unearthed in Apamea
The burial chamber, which was discovered during maintenance work in the historic city of Apamea, contains 6 graves dug into the earth, one of which contains pottery fragments from a cone-shaped burial urn.
According to custom during the Hellenistic period, these funeral urns were placed alongside the deceased's body alongside some of their earthly possessions.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Travel & Tourism
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More