May 23 2010
|more articles from|
Inventors' expo Ibtikar 2010 opens today
The event, organized by the King Abdul Aziz and His Companions Foundation for Talent and Creativity "Mawhiba" - is now officially recognized by the International Federation of Inventors' Associations, and according to Mawhiba's Secretary General and exhibition supervisor, Fu'ad Al-Awwad, will reflect the 858 registered Saudi innovations in the last two years in areas of nanotechnology, energy and environment protection, medicine and pharmacology, engineering, water desalination and information technology.
"Ibtikar 2010 will see the participation of 88 Saudi inventors, 65 males and 23 females," Al-Awwad said.
"This year there is also a special pavilion for inventors who have succeeded in turning their inventions into marketed products, and awards of SR50,000 each in various fields will be given to academics and researchers."
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Saudi Arabia
- UPDATE 1-U.S. veteran honored 70 yrs after saying "no thanks" to Purple Heart
- Mickey Mouse and armed men: surreal scenes on Kiev protest square
- REFILE-Soccer-'Batman' Illarramendi apologises after cow incident
- Soccer-'Batman' Illarramendi apologises after cow incident
- U.S. veteran to be honored 70 yrs after saying "no thanks" to Purple Heart
- There's More