May 17 2010
|more articles from|
Sukuk sales to match last year
The sukuk market was "sluggish" in first half of the year, Mohammed Dawood, director of debt capital markets at HSBC in Dubai told Bloomberg newswire. Offerings will "pick up" in the months to come as market conditions improve, he added.
Standard & Poor's has said that total sales of the securities may rise to $30 billion this year, approaching the record set in 2007.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Islamic Finance
- Seattle cop who issued 80 pct of marijuana tickets reassigned
- U.S. advances plan to reintroduce wild bison herds outside Yellowstone
- Octopus mom protects her eggs for an astonishing 4-1/2 years
- NFL-Redskins hire PR firm Burson-Marsteller amid fight over name
- Police arrest New Mexico man suspected of killing, marinating dog
- There's More