Apr 28 2010
|more articles from|
Inaugural Emerging Markets Airports Awards, a huge success
UAE Minister of Economy Sultan Al Mansouri inaugurates the Gala dinner of Emerging market airports awards
Dubai Airports scoops 3 Awards - H.H. Sheikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation/Dubai Airport and Chairman of the Emirates Airlines wins the award for Living Legends of Aviation
Dubai: The first Emerging Markets Airports Awards hosted in the opulent ballroom of the Le-Meridien Hotel turned out to be a great success as the organising committee managed to pull out all stops to ensure that the evening would be one that would be remembered for a long time to come.
H.E. Engr. Sultan Al Mansouri-minister of Economy and chairman of General civil aviation Authority was the guest of honour.
The award ceremony attracted a great number of high- fliers and senior decision makers from the aviation industry worldwide and particularly from across the Mideast region.
The first part of the evening saw finalists and guests networking. This was followed by the actual award function that opened with a brief introduction about the awards. Following this, the emcee of the evening announced that the time had come to put the anxious airports related business head honchos out of their misery and reveal the results of the judging panel.
"The EMA Awards comes at a crucial time when the air travel industry globally is going through a tough time. Just as the industry was grappling with the after-effects of recession, it was hit by last week's widespread closure of European airspace. EMA Awards provides the industry with the much required positive momentum at such a moment," said Raj Menon of EMA Awards.
The idea of having a distinguished award function recognising the talents of the industry across the Mid East and other emerging markets was voiced during the last inter airport Europe 2009 trade fair that took place from October 6 to 9 at the Munich Trade Fair Centre in Germany.
Raj said competition was tough owing to the strong sectoral growth in the region, and the increasing awareness about the awards. "The awards are an excellent tool, allowing airports from across the region and beyond to compete. This will help airports strive to achieve operational excellence and allow businesses and industry leaders to set leads."
The awards have attracted a long list of sponsors and long-term associates. Fujairah International Airport is lending its full support as a lead sponsor. The event is also supported by Middle East Aerospace Consortium, British Aviation Group, Danish Aviation Group and German Airport Technology, Fujairah international Airport, Tiger Profiles and Insulation, Cavotec, Dar Al Handasah , Al Jaber Engineering,, smiths detection, Murray & Roberts ,Airports international group ,3D reid, MT Global Experts and Ateis Middle East amongst others.
The event was organized by Arabian Reach in association with Media Sultan Group.
The EMA Awards winners across 25 categories for 2010 are:
1. Lifetime Achievement
Ali Khalfan Al Jallaf - VP cargo Dubai Airports
Fahad A.Hamad - CEO Saudia cargo:
3. HONORARY AWARDS
Mr.Salah Tahlak, Director of corporate Communications, Dubai Duty Free
4. Living Legends of Aviation (Airline Personality of the Year)
H.H. Sheikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation/Dubai Airport and Chairman of the Emirates Airlines
5. Woman in Corporate Aviation Award
Anita Mehra Homayoun -VP marketing and corporate communications -Dubai Airports
6. Airport Personality of the year
Dr. Khaled Al Mazrouei -General Manager- Fujairah international Airport.
7. Best Airport Design and Planning
Dar Al Handasah
8. Best Airport Equipment Manufacturer/Provider
Siemens Infrastructure Logistics
9. Best Aviation fuel service provider
10. Best Communications Service Provider
11. Best Emerging Airport -Middle East
Abu Dhabi International Airport
12. Best Airport, up to 25 Million
Moscow Domodedovo International Airport
13. Best Cargo Airport
Sharjah International Airport
14. Best IT service Provider
15. Best Airport Contractors
Murray and Roberts, Al Habtoor Engineering, Takenaka
16. Best Airport Ground Handler
National Aviation Services-Kuwait
17. Best Emerging Airport-Russia CIS, Eastern Europe, Baltic Republic
Georgia- Tbilisi international Airport
18. Best Airport environmental Performance
Dubai International Airport
19. Best Airport Management Company.
20. Best Emerging Airport-Africa
Monastir Habib Bourguiba International Airport Tunise
21. Best Emerging Airport-Indian-Sub-Continent
Bangaluru International Airport
22 Best Emerging Cargo Airport
Fujairah International Airport
23. Best Security Equipment Manufacturers
24. Best Airport, up 5 Million
Riga International Airport-LATVIA
25. Best Airport, up to10 Million passengers
Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport -Egypt
© Press Release 2010
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- N.J. woman who tried to place hit on romance rival gets 10 years
- 'Stay classy, Boston' - college briefly renamed for Ron Burgundy
- RPT-Record-breaking gas ship launched, bigger one planned
- U.S. vice president urges Chinese to challenge their leaders
- Olympics-A Tokyo district's uphill quest for the perfect bobsleigh
- There's More