Mar 15 2010
|more articles from|
Multibillion projects under way in Riyadh
"These are in accordance with the plan of the ADA, whose chairman is Riyadh Gov. Prince Salman, to further develop the capital and render more basic services to residents," said an ADA spokesman.
The RLR will cost $3 billion when finished in 2017 and will consist of two lines -- Line 1 will stretch 25 km from north to south, cover 30 districts and have 23 stations. Line 2 will be 17 km long, extending from the eastern side of the ring road across King Abdul Aziz Road up to King Khaled Road in the west, and will have 13 stations.
The project extends from the intersection with King Abdul Aziz Road to the intersection of Abdul Rahman Al-Ghafiqui Road and the Eastern Ring Road.
Seven interchanges and three bridges (the Wadi Obier, Wadi Al-Mahdia and Wadi Hanifa bridges) will also be built as part of the project, which was awarded to Shibh Al-Jazira Contracting Company .
The King Fahd National Library project will cost $70 million when complete and will cover 57,000 square meters of office space. It is expected to be finished by the fourth quarter of 2010. It was awarded to Saudi Binladin Group.
Riyadh's population at present totals 4,587,000.
By RODOLFO C. ESTIMO JR.
© Arab News 2010
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- RAFAL sweeps the "Property Company of the Year" for Burj Rafal in the middle east at Arabian Business Achievement Awards 2010
- Saudi Arabia: EP railway projects to reduce travel time
- Abdullah A. M. Al-Khodari Sons Company signs JV with Al-Yamama Company and Al-Kifah Group
- QCCI studies feasibility of agricultural city
- 11-day Eid Al-Adha break announced in KSA