Nov 21 2009
|more articles from|
Emirates NBD celebrates the launch of the bank's new brand identity
Dubai, 21st November 2009: Emirates NBD today announced the launch of its new brand, a consistent identity for Emirates NBD 's regional and international operations. The new brand which is the embodiment of the successful unity of Emirates Bank and National Bank of Dubai (NBD), two of the region's leading financial institutions.
The vision behind the flagship merger of 2007 was to create a national banking champion, in line with His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai's growth and economic development plan. Since the transaction, the bank's assets have grown from AED165 billion to AED 291 billion, confirming its position as one of the largest banks in the Middle East.
Drawing inspiration from the collective heritage of two legacy banks, the new brand has been designed to reinforce Emirates NBD 's values of customer focus, service excellence, innovation, integrity, passion for performance and teamwork.
Emirates NBD 's Chairman, H.E. Ahmed Humaid Al Tayer, said:
Emirates NBD 's Chief Executive Officer, Rick Pudner, said:
"The launch of the new brand marks and celebrates our achievements over the past two years during which we have focused on capturing synergies, streamlining operations and building on our common values. We have been committed to developing an identity for Emirates NBD that reflects the heritage and prosperity of both banks and the region. We feel that this new brand encapsulates the qualities on which we pride ourselves and gives us an identity upon which we can build our business, both locally and internationally."
Following today's launch of the new brand, customers will see changes to Emirates NBD 's identity almost immediately. Branch signage, ATMs and the bank's marketing, sales and communication materials will be given a consistent look and will be branded with the Emirates NBD English and Arabic logos.
- Outstanding Private Bank in the Middle East by VRL Financial News October 2009
- Best Emerging Market Bank in the Middle East 2009 by Global Finance October 2009
- Best Bank in the UAE 2009 by Global Finance October 2009
- Best Trade Finance Provider in UAE 2009 by Global Finance October 2009
- Best Foreign Exchange Bank in UAE 2009 by Global Finance October 2009
- Best Deal Award for 2008 by Global Trade Review Magazine July 2008
- Best Retail Bank by The Banker Magazine June 2009
- Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award for Finance April 2009
- Best Emerging Market Bank in the UAE by Global Finance March 2009
- Best Trade Finance Bank by Global Finance February 2009
- The "Islamic Home Finance award" by CPI Financial/Banker Middle East publication February 2009
About Emirates NBD
Emirates NBD (DFM: Emirates NBD ) is the largest banking group in the GCC by assets and in the UAE by market capitalisation. The Group has a leading retail banking franchise in the UAE, with over 129 branches and over 650 ATMs and SDMs. It is a major player in the UAE corporate banking arena, with a combined market share of almost a fifth of corporate loans. It also has strong Islamic banking, investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities operations.
For more information:
Tel: +971 4 609 4113
Mobile: +971 50 653 8937
Tel: +971 50 114 1981
Tel +971 4 2012204
Mobile: +971 50 8420729
Tel: +971 50 423 0537
© Press Release 2009
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.