Mar 31 2009
|more articles from|
Prince Alwaleed & Princess Ameera Receive Princess Astrid of Belgium at Kingdom Centre to Discuss Humanitarian & Philanthropic Issues
A luncheon was hosted in her honor at Kingdom Tower
HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud , Chairman of Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation* that is Vice Chaired by His Highness's spouse HH Princess Ameera Al Taweel received Her Royal Highness Princess Astrid of Belgium at his office in Kingdom Tower, Riyadh on Sunday 29th March 2009 and hosted a luncheon in honor of the Princess at Kingdom Tower. Princess Astrid is the daughter of His Majesty King Albert II of Belgium. The Princess was accompanied by a large distinguished delegation that included Prof. Awa Marie Coll-Seck, Executive Director of Rollback Malaria Partnership, HE Michel Lastschenko, Ambassador of H.M the King of Belgians in Riyadh and HE Ambassador Paul Ponjaert, Advisor of Her Highness. The meeting was attended by Ms. Muna AbuSulayman, Executive Manager of Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation.
During the meeting the two discussed social and economic issues, and the bi-lateral relationship between their respective countries. Also on the agenda of discussions between Princess Astrid and the Prince were the Princes philanthropic donations. Moreover during the meeting Prof. Coll-Seck discussed the Rollback Malaria Partnership and its role in fighting malaria. In response the Prince expressed his readiness to help support the cause through Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation.
During that meeting, Prince Alwaleed said that despite the relatively small geographical size of Belgium, it is economically influential worldwide.
* Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation- Lebanon
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UAE to remain vigilant against malaria
- Prince Alwaleed receives President of Bosnia & hosts a dinner in honor of his guest at Kingdom resort
- Prince Alwaleed & His Spouse Princess Ameera Received by First Lady Suzanne Mubarak & Jamal Mubarak at Future Generation Foundation's 10th Anniversary Dinner Attended by Queen Rania&Tony Blair
- Prince Alwaleed Visits Eritrea Meeting the Country's President is Accorded Highest Eritrean State Medal
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- There's More