Feb 12 2009
|more articles from|
Philips launches the second generation Aurea LCD TV range
Dubai- UAE- Philips launches the next generation of Aurea FlatTVs - an aesthetic marvel and with more technical improvements over the first generation of Aurea FlatTVs. These iconic, design-led masterpieces feature even more cutting-edge technology than before, delivering the most immersive and cinematic home TV viewing experiences possible.
The new range features the latest version of Philips Active Frame technology - the outer frame surrounding the TV screen which perfectly emulates the colors on the TV screen with an ever-changing glow of light and soft halo of color. The improved Active Frame features a new brilliant pearl color, made from high quality glass with anti-reflective coatings creating an even more vibrant and immersive halo effect.
The unparalleled viewing experience of the Aurea FlatTV has been even further enhanced: Aurea makes no compromises with its distinctive design, and is packed full of the latest technological innovations. Viewers are guaranteed a unique audio and visual experience.
- Aurea is available in 42" and features a Full HD 1080p LCD display.
- Aurea has a unique, transparent Active Frame which seamlessly integrates with Philips ' Ambilight technology to extend and reflect the colours on screen into the transparent frame, and to project them around the TV screen. The combined effect of the colours on the screen being mirrored in the Active Frame, and onto the surrounding walls, deeply immerses you into the viewing experience.
- Using the latest version of Philips ' proprietary Perfect Pixel HD Engine, Aurea ensures perfect images and smooth picture processing.
- Aurea has 2250 trillion colors processing, a pure treat for your eyes. It has a dynamic contrast ratio of 30000:1 which provides deep, rich black details in your pictures.
- For fast-moving pictures that stay sharp, Aurea includes a 100Hz Clear LCD which has a best-in-class response time of 2ms.
Especially designed for your environment
- Aurea has an iconic design, with clean white geometric casing and a full glass front which smoothes and reflects the light radiating from the frame and the sides of the FlatTV.
- Various levels (1-10) of the Ambilight effect can be selected from subtle and calm up to dynamic and vivid. Aurea also includes a 'lounge light mode' for when the FlatTV is inactive.
- Aurea features an invisible speaker system with 6 speakers that are fully integrated into the rim of the FlatTV, and as a result completely blend into the design.
- Aurea can be paired with a white Ambisound Soundbar which is designed to fit effortlessly with the 42" FlatTV. The elegant, single unit, home theater system produces a powerfully, immersive 5.1 sound performance.
Technology 'must haves'
- Aurea has all the technology you would expect from great FlatTV: a Full HD display; 100Hz Clear LCD with a 2ms response time; latest version of the Perfect Pixel HD Engine; 2,250 trillion colours processing; and a dynamic contrast ratio of 30000:1.
- A digital TV tuner is integrated within the Aurea so that you can enjoy free-to-air HD TV channels with MPEG4.
- The energy consumption when using stand-by mode on the Aurea has been reduced to minimum energy levels of 0.15W.
Aurea boasts 4 HDMI inputs (3+1) and HDMI CEC for multiple connections. It also has a DLNA PC network link which allows you to easily browse content from your PC or your home network.
" Philips has implemented various improvements based on extensive consumer feedback and recommendations received since launching the first Aurea LCD TV in 2007. The new Aurea range has unrivalled levels of functionality, a stunning design with a full-glass front, and offers consumers a unique entertainment experience in their living room," said Vincenzo Ventricelli Director Customer Marketing, Middle EAST & Africa, Philips Consumer Lifestyle.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified Health and Well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of "sense and simplicity". Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 121,000 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 26 billion in 2008, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in flat TV, male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
For further information, please contact:
Philips Consumer Lifestyle
Tel: +971 4 4362511/ Mob: + 971 50 6258203
© Press Release 2009
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Telecoms & IT
- Vodafone Egypt's revenues fell by 0.7% in 3 months
- Du’s voice and broadband services via networking sharing in October
- Swatch plans fitness-based touch wristwatch, CEO tells paper
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Batelco Group announces half year 2014 profit of BD24.9m
- Arial, Times New Roman ... and now the 'Hugo Chavez' font
- UPDATE 2-One dead after lightning strikes crowd at California beach
- UPDATE 1-Eight hurt by lightning at L.A.'s Venice Beach
- Rockies give out shirts honoring Tulowitzki - but spell his name wrong
- Protestors march on Ebola centre in Sierra Leone
- There's More