Mar 11 2008
|more articles from|
Tamaiaz Award obtains great response from UAE students
Dubai: 11 March 2008: Tamaiaz Award, which was launched by Mawarid Finance in November 2007 to boost the competitiveness and creativity of new UAE graduates and senior university students, has obtained an overwhelming response from university students throughout the country who were very enthusiastic about participation and registration and praised Mawarid Finance for this generous and encouraging initiative.
Mawarid Finance launched Tamaiaz Award out of its general aims as an Emirati company which participates effectively in the Emiratisation force and supports creativeness and all talented people in UAE society. In order to encourage and honour talented and exceptional people in various professional fields, many goals have been set, and the most significant is the real participation in enhancing the existence of local qualifications in all institutions, whether government or private. The award also encourages initiative and positive competition by spreading principles of creativity and quality, as well as supporting local academic sectors in developing the creative spirit and self-confidence for the leaders of the future by enhancing the bond between the business, public and educational sectors.
Regarding this issue and commenting on their participation in this award, some of the students expressed their happiness at registering for the award. Nora Hussain, an Information Technology student at the American University of Sharjah said Tamaiaz award represents a unique opportunity for students to display their abilities and all that they learnt during their studies, in addition to the creative ability of each in his domain, and the award is a very encouraging factor to working hard during the academic stage.
Ismail Essa, an Accounting and Auditing student at Ajman University of Science and Technology Network, also praised the award. Essa said that Mawarid Finance believes in its duty to society and in the importance of encouraging UAE nationals, and because of that the Tamaiaz Award was initiated. To Essa, the main reason for his participation is to contribute to this important national initiative.
Lootah added: "The Tamaiaz Award provides national students with the opportunity to make use of and implement what they learnt in university. And if they win the award, that will boost their chances of achieving their goals because they will receive special job offers and reach higher in their academic and professional levels. It's also important to mention that the award winners will receive special benefits when they are employed by a company, including a 25 % higher salary than regular graduates and two years of training courses to enable them to get leading positions in the company."
- The award is open to the following categories:
- Media & Mass Communications
- Banking & Finance
- Accounting and Auditing
- Shariah & Law
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Sales
Terms & Conditions:
- To be a UAE national.
- Applicants should be in their final university school or college or graduates yet to find a job.
- The applicant's age should not exceed 25 years.
- Submit the registration form within the given period.
- Provide the required documents.
- Submit the entry before deadline.
- Only one entry from each participant.
- Only one entry for each category.
- All submissions to be in English.
- Submissions should be 10 or fewer pages.
- The award's official form must be used for submissions.
- Entries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discussion of work submitted to the Judging Committee through a presentation.
- Ownership of all submissions will vest with Mawarid Finance .
- Judges' decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
- Entries can be dismissed without any notice or any legal responsibility on the part of the organisers.
- Submitting an entry does not hold any moral or legal obligation on organisers or any benefits for the submitter.
- New categories may be added as per the organisers' discretion
- Copyright of submitted researches is automatically ceded to Mawarid Finance .
- Submission of registration forms and binds all participants to accept the terms and conditions set by organisers, and to comply with set rules and related conditions.
Mawarid Finance is a new private joint stock company established in Dubai, UAE, towards the end of 2006 with a paid-up capital of one billion dirhams. The company plans to introduce a new vision within the Islamic finance sector to both retail and corporate customers in the region.
Mawarid Finance is the only finance company in the UAE that is completely independent. The company's shares are distributed across 352 shareholders, with companies or organisations owning not more than 5% each of the capital and no individual shareholder's stake exceeding 2.5%, giving the company the operational freedom to secure a leading position in the Islamic banking market in the UAE.
Mawarid Finance specialises in the competitive development of Sharia'a compliant financial services, focusing on rapid growth through outstanding customer service.
Mawarid Finance is structured as an integrated financial institution that specialises in providing all services related to finance and business, responsive to the rapid growth taking place in Dubai and modelled on the spectacular development of Dubai and the UAE as a whole.
Mawarid draws its strength from a solid vision for the future articulated by a team of leading industry professionals, a close-knit network of strategic partners and business associates, and the financial backing and support of well-established shareholders
Mawarid's mission is to create superior and exceptionally innovative Sharia'a- compliant products and services, sustaining high-quality performance and maximising market share to become the first choice provider of Islamic financial solutions in a modern business environment.
For more information, please contact:
Maysoon Baraky or Yasmine Al Husseiny
Milestones Marketing Communications
Dubai Media City - UAE
Tel: +971-4- 3914867
© Press Release 2008
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.