Jan 13 2008
|more articles from|
E-marine PJSC, UAE and Nexans,Norway Sign MoU to provide SUBSEA cable solutions
Abu Dhabi, UAE January 13, 2008: Nexans Norway and E-marine PJSC, a leading solution provider for submarine cable in the Middle East Region today announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a wide-ranging collaboration in providing Submarine cable solutions in the Middle East market.
The MoU signing ceremony was conducted in Oslo, Norway, in which Mr Omar Bin Kalban (CEO& MD), Mr Manzoor Ali (Manager Marketing and Business Development) of E-marine PJSC, Mr Tom Birkeland (VP- Building and Telecom Cables Division), Mr Ragnar Vogt (Director Sales & Marketing) and Ms Mariana Grozeva (Manager Telecom Export) of Nexans Norway were present.
Under the terms of the MoU, the scope of the strategic alliance will include cooperative marketing to customers and channels in the Middle East and utilizing each others facility for providing solutions and service to customers in various sectors in the Middle East Region. This MoU builds on the strength of an existing relationship between the two companies, as well as on Nexans well proven Sub sea cable solutions as well as E--marine system integrator background in marine project management and implementation solutions.
Sub Sea cable solutions from Nexans Norway will provide more flexibility to service providers and faster roll out due to ease of installation and maintenance. "Through this partnership, we anticipate substantial sales of sub sea cable solutions from the Middle East region, as well as the establishment of a leading position," said Mr Tom Birkeland (Vice President Building and Telecom Cables Division)
With energy as the basis of its development, Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry, offers an extensive range of cables and cabling systems. The Group is a global player in the infrastructure, industry and building markets. Nexans addresses a series of market segments from energy, transport and telecom networks to shipbuilding, oil and gas, nuclear, automotive, electronics, aeronautics, handling and automation.
With an industrial presence in more than 30 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs 21,000 people and had sales in 2006 of 7.5 billion Euro. Nexans is listed on the Paris stock exchange, compartment A of the Eurolist of Euronext.
More information - on http://www.nexans.com/.
About Nexans Norway
Nexans Norway AS is the leading supplier of power and telecommunications cables in Norway, and is one of the world's leading manufacturers of high-voltage submarine cables. The company's head office is in Oslo, and it has manufacturing plants at Rognan, Namsos, Langhus, Karmøy and Halden. The company is organised into three divisions: Energy, Building and Telecom and Energy Networks, and has approx. 1,100 employees. More information on www.nexans.no.
The company takes advantage of highly specialised Technology and capability in order to offer it's customers optimum solutions. Our telecom cables division serves industrial demand for highly dedicated cable and umbilical designs within the Oil & Gas and Energy industries, including:
- signal transmission for control and data
- electrical power transmission to remote equipment
- air or fluid power supply through steel flow lines.
The main products and areas of applications are:
- dynamic umbilicals for operation of Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV's) containing signal elements (pairs/quads or fibre optic elements) together with electrical power elements feeding remote equipment with more than 6,6 kV.
- air-gun umbilicals and lead-ins for towed systems, and bottom laid cables for 4-D seismic acquisition.
- fibre optic submarine cables
- fibre optic elements in composite power and fibre optic cables to enable communication of voice, data, broadcast over long distances (>300km)
- electrical umbilial cables with signal and power elements for connecting oil platforms to sub-sea templates over long distances (>100km) and down to water depth > 6000 meters.
- submarine cables for permanent underwater installations for monitoring and control purposes (oceanographic, telemetry of ship activity, defence systems etc)
- topside cables (fibre optic) for inter-platform wiring of communication systems having fire-resistant or mud-resistant characteristics.Contact
Nexans Norway AS
P.O. Box 6450 Etterstad, NO-0605 Oslo
Tel.: +47 22 88 61 00
Fax: +47 22 88 61 01
Tlf.: +47 950 28 7 12
Nancy.Aamodt@nexans.com Investors Relations
Tel.: +33 (0)1 56 69 85 31
E-marine PJSC, an ISO Certified Company has grown to become one of the market leaders in Submarine Cable Installation, Maintenance and Repair Services. E-marine also offers their services in the field of Marine Project Management and Consultancy Services, Marine Route Survey, Cable Freight Management and Storage, and Chartering. Besides telecommunication, E-marine also provides complete range of solutions to offshore industry.
E-marine owns three Cable Ships and all are fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipments. CS Etisalat is a medium sized cable ship which is designed to operate on shallow areas. CS NIWA and CS Umm Al Anber are large cable ships which can operate for longer endurance in the sea. All of these vessels are DP operated and are equipped with the latest Survey and Navigation equipment and Cable Management Systems. In addition a new Multi Purpose Vessel MPV Sama with DP2 capability is expected to join company's fleet soon which will be with Helipad , moon pool etc. In order to address to the growing demand of shallow water activity, E-marine has acquired a vessel capable of conducting shore end activities. All the vessels are equipped with Dynamic Positioning System, Survey, Navigational and Cable Management Systems.
E-marine 's total commitment for quality is evidenced with the obtainment of an integrated Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Management System. It is certified to ISM Code, ISO 9001-2000, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:1999.
E-marine is having valid maintenance contract for more than 30,000km of Submarine cable from Red sea, Arab Gulf to Indian Ocean. The strategic location of E-marine facilities as well as its customized solutions, coupled with its highly competent professionals makes E-marine , the leader for submarine cable projects beyond the region.Contact
P.O. Box: 282727,
Phone: +971 4 8814433
Fax: +971 4 8814422
Web : www.emarine.ae
Enquiries : email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
© Press Release 2008
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand
- UPDATE 1-Drought-stricken California agencies seek 'water cops'
- RPT-L.A. gently weeps as George Harrison tree is felled by beetles
- India faces crisis over dwindling numbers of girls, U.N. says
- Restaurant run by Indian convicts wins praise for politeness, hygiene
- There's More