Dec 02 2007
|more articles from|
Binzagr and Unilever Celebrate 75 Year Partnership in Saudi Arabia
03 December 2007
Jeddah - Unilever Group Chief Executive, Patrick Cescau, paid his first visit to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to commemorate the 75 year partnership with local distributor, Binzagr Company , and meet with government officials.
Unilever, one of the world's largest consumer products companies of global leading brands such as Lipton and Dove, has deep roots in the Kingdom. Binazgr Unilever Ltd. (Factory), a joint venture between Unilever Overseas Holdings AG and Abdullah & Said M. O. Binzagr Company, was established in 1978 to locally produce global Unilever Home and Personal Care brands for Saudi Arabia. Currently, the factory has 350 permanent employees and a forty five percent Saudi workforce, many of whom have been trained to lead in senior management positions. Global brands like Lux, Dove, Sunsilk, Comfort, Signal and Close Up are common household names in the region but not many people are aware that they are produced in Saudi Arabia by this factory.
The completion of the latest expansion plan by Binzagr Unilever Ltd. (Factory), a 25% increase in production since last year, has further propelled it into a world class manufacturing facility, servicing not only the Saudi Arabian market but exporting to ten countries including Yemen, Sudan, Tunisia, and Morocco. The competitiveness of the factory is driven by a strong local market base combined with the ability to leverage superior Unilever technology and access to global R&D resources.
Commenting on Patrick Cescau's visit, H.E. Amr Al- Dabbagh, Governor of SAGIA, said "this visit underlines Unilever's long history of partnership with the people and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Over the last 75 years, Unilever brands have become an integral part of Arab daily life and we are proud of Unilever's investment in the Kingdom's future and its continuing impact on local economy and job creation."
About Unilever: Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong local roots in 145 countries across the globe. Its portfolio includes some of the world's best known and most loved brands including Lipton, Dove, Lux, Sunsilk, Knorr, Omo, with leadership positions in many categories in which the company operates, including in the Middle East. Unilever North Africa and Middle East (NAME) is spread across a vast region with a population in excess of 350 million. Unilever North Africa and Middle East is the region's single largest TV advertiser with local offices and partnerships spread across the 20 countries in the region.
About Binzagr Unilever Ltd. (Factory):
- The Factory produces 180 SKU's, which represents 52 variants of 8 main Brands
- Factory production contributes in Five Product categories: Hair Care, Fabric Softener, Home Care, Personal Wash (Liquid & Soap), Oral Care
- The factory is ISO 9001/14001 certified in 2002 - OHSAS 18001 in 03, the first company to achieve this certificate in Saudi Arabia in addition to achieving TPM Excellence and Consistency Awards.
- As well as the GCC, the factory now exports to ten countries including Yemen, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria.
For more information, please contact:
Phenomenal PR & Event
© Press Release 2007
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- Comic superhero Ultraman slain by Malaysian censors
- CORRECTED-"Beethoven of Japan" apologises for "causing trouble with my lies"
- UPDATE 1-"Beethoven of Japan" apologises for "causing trouble with my lies"
- "Beethoven of Japan" apologises for "causing trouble with my lies"
- UPDATE 1-'Too drunk' gambler sues Las Vegas casino over $500,000 debt
- There's More