Jun 28 2012
|more articles from|
U.S. Exempts China, Singapore from Iran Sanctions
Thursday, Jun 28, 2012
WASHINGTON (AFP)--The U.S. on Thursday exempted China and Singapore from sanctions over purchases of oil from Iran, hours before restrictions would have entered into force against their banks.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement that China and Singapore had "significantly reduced" their crude oil purchases from Iran, joining most major economies in receiving exemptions from the new U.S. law.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- There's More