Jan 19 2013
|more articles from|
$195 m discount or additional arms in Russian deal, MP
State of Law Mp Ali al-Shalah told Moscow News that Premier Nouri al-Maliki put conditions on the Russian side following the disclosure of the commission on the arms deal, which reached to 195 million dollars, or to provide additional arms relevant to this figure.
Parliamentary investigation committee found great differences between the first bids and the second, where the discount reached from 9% to 30% between the two orders.
The committee recommended to refer the issue to the Integrity Commission and investigate the matter with Saadoun al-Dulaimi, Acting Defence Minister, Ex- government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh, Advisor at the presidency Abdul Aziz al-Badri, Iraqi businessmen Majid al-Qaisi, two Lebanese businessmen and a director of a Russian oil company.
© Aswat Aliraq 2013
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Iraq
- Turkish government to sign agreements for oil and gas with Kurdistan
- Nujaifi in Erbil to discuss political and security situation with Kurdish leaders
- Mena power projects threatened by poor funding
- International Finance Corp plans USD400m SME lending facility in MENA
- Tahir calls to restructure institutions of Iraqi State