Apr 15 2013
|more articles from|
UAE's Etihad Airways to codeshare with Serbia's Jat Airways
Monday, Apr 15, 2013
DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)-- Etihad Airways , the Abu Dhabi-based Gulf carrier, will commence daily flights on June 15 to Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, and form a codeshare agreement with Jat Airways as the two airlines look to tap the global Serbian diaspora, the two companies said in an emailed statement.
Jat Airways, Serbia's national carrier, will place its JU code on Etihad 's new service, as well as to 21 destinations on the Abu Dhabi carrier's network, while Etihad will place its EY code on 23 of Jat's European flights.
" Etihad Airways ' strategy of working closely with a local partner in new markets has brought impressive results and we are confident that the cooperation with Jat Airways will benefit both airlines and, most of all, air travellers who will now have better connections and services to and from Serbia," James Hogan, president and chief executive of Etihad , said in the emailed statement.
Write to Rory Jones at email@example.com
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- Montana bride agrees to plead guilty to second-degree murder - CNN
- Speaking in foreign tongues? Russian lawmakers say 'nyet'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- UPDATE 3-South Africa admits mistake over "schizophrenic" Mandela signer
- UPDATE 1-Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion
- There's More