Apr 11 2014
|more articles from|
UAE health worker who contracted Mers virus dies; 5 infected
Filipino paramedics working at the Al Ain Rescue and Ambulance Section have been infected by Mers
The cases were diagnosed during the periodic medical examinations.
In a statement issued in this regard, the ministry announced that it has taken all necessary preventive health measures by placing the patients under quarantine.
"The ministry has also been in touch with community members who have been transferred lately to hospitals to check on their health condition by precaution," added the statement.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Healthcare
- Ebola toll nears 7,000; rate of spread slows in Sierra Leone - WHO
- Ninth Egyptian dies of H5N1 bird flu - Health Ministry
- Drake & Scull wins AED82.5m health-care project in Abu Dhabi
- UAE's Abraaj sells 21% stake in Integrated Diagnostics Holdings
- Global population living six years longer than in 1990 - study