Oct 13 2012
|more articles from|
UAE company becomes first to offer media tablets for rent
Saturday, Oct 13, 2012
Dubai: Why carry media tablets when you can rent it in the UAE for cheap.
The UAE-based Fam-Tech’s subsidiary Login Tablets has become the world’s first to offer pre-paid tablet rental system to give allow people to access the internet and multimedia applications without purchasing any device.
“The system enables the end users to unlock software restrictions with time and content credit codes granting access to preloaded premium content from the server. When time or credit is depleted, access to the systems content and connectivity is restricted and only accessible via an additional top up,” said Hydar Al Bedaery, project manager at Fam-Tech.
The company has tied up with six five-star hotels in the UAE and set to sign deals with Saudi Arabia and Malaysian companies at Gitex yesterday to give access to these countries.
“We are in talks with many hotels across the UAE and will be expanding further to other sectors in near future,” he said.
By Naushad K.?Cherrayil Staff Reporter
Gulf News 2012. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Media
- Three journalists to run for press association presidency
- Facebook's next growth engines still warming up
- Star Wars filming in Abu Dhabi confirmed
- Thomson Reuters signs agreement with Saudi Digital Library to support transformation of Saudi Arabia to a knowledge based economy
- Authorities urge to avoid food safety warnings on social media