Jul 05 2012
|more articles from|
UAE Annual Inflation In May Tad Up At 0.81% On Food Prices
Thursday, Jul 05, 2012
DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)--Annual inflation in the United Arab Emirates was slightly up at 0.81% in May, compared with 0.79% in April, due to a increase in food prices, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.
The food and non-alcoholic beverages category prices within the country's Consumer Price Index, or CPI, were up 6.82% in May compared with the same month last year, and by 0.95% from April.
However, a significant drop in rents by 3.35% from May 2011 moderated the CPI index numbers, as the housing component constitutes nearly 36% of the U.A.E.'s CPI basket.
-By Leila Hatoum, Dow Jones Newswires; +971-4-446-1686; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @ZDJnews
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More