Feb 12 2013
|more articles from|
UAEU, Japanese medical centre sign cooperation deal
Tuesday, Feb 12, 2013
Al Ain: UAE University has joined hands with a Japanese medical centre for advanced systems and modern health services along with exploring new opportunities through collaboration.
A memorandum of understanding was signed here yesterday (Monday) that would also enable the UAEU and the Medical Excellence Japan Centre (MEJC) to do joint research and hold seminars on advanced health-care systems and modern medical technology, said aUAEU official.
The seminars will have a particular focus on improving skills in operating the endoscope, radiation therapy and the impact of effective irradiation methods on the human body, along with organ transplantation, taking into consideration the ethics and cultural aspects, said Dr Ali Rashid Al Nuaimi, vice-chancellor of UAEU.
Eriya Kitano, managing director of the MEJC, said: “This cooperation represents the strong relationship between the two countries and the centre will strive in its efforts to provide the best medical services under this agreement.”
Gulf News 2013. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Healthcare
- Emirati student develops unique vehicle for the disabled
- Save the Children describes healthcare disaster in Syria
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals and AUB collaborate on developing anticancer treatment from medicinal plants
- Adult ADHD may be linked to spike in traffic accidents: psychologists
- 40.8% of UAE national adults have hypertension: Survey