Jan 04 2013
|more articles from|
Turkey, Algeria intend to extend gas agreement
According to the agency, during Turkish Energy and Natural Resources Minister Taner Yildiz's official visit to Algeria on Saturday, the parties discussed a number of economic issues, as well as the extension of the gas agreement between the two countries, which was signed in 1988.
The gas agreement between the parties was signed in 1988 and entered into force in 1994 and expires in 2014.
Today Turkey imports gas from Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran, Nigeria and Algeria in the total amount of 51 billion cubic meters.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Oil & Gas
- Iraq to reduce price of Basra Light crude to Asia next month
- Oman's oil exports jump 9.7% in Jan-Oct period; output up 2.8% to 286m barrels
- Qatar oil, gas sector to have limited impact on GDP growth -PM
- GCC needs faster diversification to cope with slowing oil prices
- Crude oil prices may ease in 2014: Expert