Jan 04 2013
|more articles from|
Turkey, Algeria intend to extend gas agreement
According to the agency, during Turkish Energy and Natural Resources Minister Taner Yildiz's official visit to Algeria on Saturday, the parties discussed a number of economic issues, as well as the extension of the gas agreement between the two countries, which was signed in 1988.
The gas agreement between the parties was signed in 1988 and entered into force in 1994 and expires in 2014.
Today Turkey imports gas from Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran, Nigeria and Algeria in the total amount of 51 billion cubic meters.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Oil & Gas
- Iraq lays claim to Kurdish crude cargo in Texas court
- Iran ready to increase oil exports shortly after sanctions lifted
- UN warns of sanctions for oil trading with Syria, Iraq militants
- Washington warns US Corporations from buying Kurdistan Crude Oil
- Halt in Iraqi oil, Egyptian gas supplies continues