Mar 31 2012
|more articles from|
Technology, Media & Telecommunications In Focus
We assist local, regional and international entities with a full range of Technology, Media & Telecommunications related legal services including local law compliance and risk management, due diligence, contract negotiation, original drafting, legal document review and advice, and dispute avoidance and resolution.
Our TMT practice offers a combination of lawyers from a variety of backgrounds who can apply international best practice with local legal expertise. This allows us to present a regional solution for clients operating within the telecommunications, media and technology sphere; a combination unmatched by any other law firm operating in the region.
Our technology team services a client base that not only includes technology vendors, but also purchasers of technology products across multiple industries, such as education, health, property management, financial services and telecommunications. We advise on all matters related to the sale, purchase, license, re-sale and distribution, implementation, protection, development, marketing, and project management of technology. With our presence in Dubai Internet City, as well as team members in Dubai International Financial Centre, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Doha and Kuwait, we can provide local, accessible and high quality legal services to the broad range of technology related clients and matters.
Our technology expertise includes:
- Technology sale and licensing, purchasing, project management and governance
- Business process and IT outsourcing
- Data protection, use, transfer and commercialisation under local laws
- Consumer and B2B online and mobile technology and services
- E-business, M-business, E-government and M-banking related transactions and services
We take a broad view of what comprises the media and entertainment industry in the Middle East, reflective of the diversity of the creative and commercial content that is available, the modes of its delivery, and the increasing convergence between means of communication and how people are informed and entertained. Our client base extends to major local and international broadcasting companies, global and local digital media companies, advertising and communication companies, a broad range of SME media companies, internet content providers, online businesses and advertisers, event and venue operators and managers, sports event sponsors, developers of smart phone applications and trade conference operators and managers. Drawing on our extensive depth and knowledge of the media and entertainment industry, we are able to offer our clients cross-disciplinary legal solutions.
Our media expertise includes:
- Digital and traditional content regulation and transactions
- Online and traditional publishing regulation, data protection and distribution arrangements
- Content assignment, delivery and licensing
- Broadcasting regulatory issues, production agreements and product placement
- Digital and traditional advertisings and promotions, regulation and transactions
- Brand extension, development and promotion
- Event management and operation infrastructure
- Alternative dispute resolution, in particular dispute arbitration
- IP protection and enforcement
- Media Free Zone set up, labor law, licensing and re-structuring
- Litigation: prohibited content, defamation and breach of privacy
Our team is experienced in advising on high value international telecoms issues throughout the Region involving complex and sophisticated advice to Boards of Directors, senior executives and key individuals charged with deciding upon and executing corporate strategies. This includes advising on anti-competitive conduct, regulatory issues arising in newly liberalised and mature markets, compliance, corporate secretarial requirements, corporate and commercial contracts, joint venture arrangements and sophisticated licensing and procurement arrangements. Our impressive list of clients include telecommunications service providers, internet service providers, infrastructure providers, equipment manufacturers, network suppliers and specialist entities involved in telematics, satellite services and data centre entities.
Our telecommunications expertise includes:
- Mergers & Acquisitions, corporate governance and reorganizations, joint ventures
- Telecommunication Regulations and Policy on such matters as regulatory compliance, licensing, VoIP services, anti-competitive practices, consumer protection, privacy and telecoms compliance by international corporations
- Commercial transactions and consumer agreements and arrangements on behalf of service providers, equipment manufacturers, apparatus providers, financial institutions and other players in the telecommunications sector
- Advising infrastructure providers and other organizations engaged in provisioning telecommunications infrastructure
- Advising service providers and other organizations engaged in the mobile, internet and satellite sectors
- Guidance on telecommunications management, converged communications services, networking integration and strategic initiatives and growth strategies
- Import and export of telecommunications related apparatus support
© Al Tamimi & Company 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More