Jul 05 2012
|more articles from|
Switzerland Tightens Sanctions on Iran but Stops Short of Oil Ban
Thursday, Jul 05, 2012
By Sarah Kent
The Swiss government Thursday announced a decision to tighten sanctions against Iran, but stopped short of a ban on transactions involving oil and oil products from the Islamic Republic for "foreign policy reasons."
The new sanctions, which are set to come into effect on July 6, place a ban on supplying Iran with telecommunications equipment and in providing its oil industry with finance or equipment, as well as trading precious metals and diamonds with the country's authorities.
In addition any trade in Iranian oil or oil products will need to be declared to the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs, or SECO.
Write to Sarah Kent at email@example.com
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More