Jun 26 2012
|more articles from|
SpiceJet Announces Dubai Take off, to connect more Indian Destinations soon
Airline working on opening up Saudi Arabia in the next lap of expansion
Addressing a press conference on the day SpiceJet's new generation Boeing 737-800s took off its debut flights from Dubai's Terminal 1 to Delhi and Mumbai, senior officials of the airline said they were working on opening up more new routes to offer a wider choice of flights to customers.
"Opening up Dubai is a milestone for us as it will offer us an opportunity to serve the large Indian and Western expatriate community along with the UAE citizens with an affordable flying option," said SpiceJet Chief Executive Officer Neil Mills.
SpiceJet currently operates in two international routes - Delhi-Kathmandu and Chennai-Colombo and Dubai is the third global destination of the airline. In the Indian domestic market, SpiceJet connects 34 points with a fleet of 42 aircraft flying over 40,000 passengers a day.
Mills said that as a low fare airline, SpiceJet's pricing philosophy is to ensure affordable flight fares to its passengers. "Our endeavor would be to offer and maintain a competitive and affordable price structure throughout the year to make SpiceJet a preferred carrier for inbound and outbound passengers."
Bookings for SpiceJet had kicked off earlier this month with an introductory inaugural fare starting from AED 377 excluding taxes. The airline has partnered with Dubai-based Sharaf Travel for bookings and ever since the opening of bookings; SpiceJet has received robust response to its offer.
New destinations, facilitation
SpiceJet is working on new destinations in India as well as in the GCC as the carrier has set its sights on expanding its coverage in phases. "Some of the destinations we are looking to connect with Dubai at the Indian end are Kochi, Chennai and Hyderabad while in the Gulf we have Saudi Arabia as new point on our radar," Mills said.
SpiceJet is India's most preferred airline, with 18.5% of market share in domestic market, delivering the lowest air fares with the highest consumer value. The airline, with its corporate office located in Delhi National Capital Region, operates more than 275 daily flights to 34 Indian cities and 2 international destinations.
In India, SpiceJet connects almost all major cities that includes Agartala, Ahmadabad, Bangalore, Baghdogra, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Goa, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Port Blair, Srinagar, Surat, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam and three international destinations, Dubai , Kathmandu and Colombo are connected using our new generation fleet of 34 Boeing 737-800/ 900ER aircraft which are of highest standard in safety and operating efficiency.
Spicejet has acquired 7 new Bombardier Q400 aircraft for enhancing connectivity to Tier II and Tier III cities. On this aircraft SpiceJet now flies to Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Calicut, Chennai, Goa, Hyderabad, Indore, Kochi, Madurai, Mangalore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Trichy, Trivandrum, Tuticorin, Vijayawada, and Vizag.
SpiceJet is the winner of:
- India's Most Outstanding Airline LCC-Domestic Award, by Travel and Hospitality, Feb 2012.
- Voted amongst the Top 5 Best Budget Airline in Asia - Smart Travel Asia
- Awarded for Best Website at 'World Low Cost Airlines Asia Pacific Conference', 2010 & 2012.
- Voted as India's Best Low Cost Airline for 3 consecutive years by Outlook Traveler
- CIO 100 Award in IT efforts for customer satisfaction and business growth category
- India's best low-fare airline in a survey conducted by MaRs on behalf of Hindustan Times (December 2009)
- World Travel Market Award for multi-channel approach in distribution (November 2009, London)
- National Award (ICWAI) for excellence in Cost Management (March 2009)
- CIO 100 Award for IT efforts for customer satisfaction and business growth (2007, 2008 & 2009)
For more information on the release, please contact:
SpiceJet Ltd, New Delhi, INDIA
Jayakrishnan Bhaskaran/May Rempis
Adfactors PR, Dubai
© Press Release 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- 93-year-old Florida mayor seeks re-election for 20th term in office
- U.S. president sweats over sweaters during NY shopping stop
- NY brothers admit guilt in violent Jewish divorce scheme
- UPDATE 1-When Zach met Barack: pitching Obamacare online
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- There's More