Jul 04 2012
|more articles from|
Sleiman condemns Israel’s detonation of spy devices
04 July 2012
BEIRUT: President Michel Sleiman condemned Tuesday Israel’s detonation of spy devices in south Lebanon as “a new violation in a series of Israeli violations” of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1701 that ended the 2006 Israeli war on Lebanon. Israel’s “continued spy activity and the planting of mines and spy devices is a continuation of the Israeli occupation by other means,” he said in a statement. Three devices exploded in the southern village of Zrarieh Monday which the Lebanese Army said were spying apparatuses detonated wirelessly by Israel. One of the devices appeared to be a solar powered battery, and the other two communications devices, security sources said. The explosions occurred 3 km north of the Litani River outside the operations area of the UNIFIL. A Hezbollah statement claimed the devices were wiretapping devices that had tapped into the party’s communications network. © Copyright The Daily Star 2012.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More