Apr 22 2009
|more articles from|
Saudi share index slides
Saudi Arabia's Tadawul All Share Index fell 3.12 percent to 5,055.93, with agriculture being the only sector posting a rise, of only 0.26 percent.
Saudi Basic Industries Co slumped 9.87 percent, the most allowed in a day, as it posted a first-quarter loss of SR974 million($259.7 million) as the global recession cut demand for plastics and fertilizers.
A total of 100 firms fell. Four stocks lost over 9 percent; Arabian Pipes Company (9.9 percent), SABIC, National Agriculture Marketing Co (9.67 percent), and Bank Albilad (9.48 percent). Aseer Trading , Tourism and Manufacturing posted biggest rise of 9.84 percent.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- There's More