Apr 01 2013
|more articles from|
Saudi housing units on installment basis proposed
The proposal, prepared by Zainabdeen Barri, a former Shoura Council member, is based on a government plan to build housing units of different sizes whose costs will range between SR 500,000 and SR 1 million.
According to the proposal, the government will sell housing units to government employees in installments for a period of up to 30 years.
An authority comprising representatives from the Ministries of Finance, Housing and Municipalities will undertake the project, the proposal said. The proposal will minimize pressure on the Real Estate Development Fund (REDF). Furthermore, owners of new housing units will not be entitled for loans from the REDF.
Entitlement for housing units within this project depends on a number of criteria. The employee is to be married and not less than 21 years of age. Widows, divorcees and singles over 30 are also eligible to apply upon condition that they do not already own a property.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Real Estate
- Centralised security plan for JLT puts owners on budget alert
- Revealed: Which nationalities buying Dubai real estate in 2014
- Al Reem Island sees a 30% rise in buyer interest since Q1 2013, reveals propertyfinder.ae
- Nakheel issues tender for Boardwalk on Palm
- Dubai's Emaar Properties says profits to quadruple by 2018