Jan 16 2013
|more articles from|
King appoints new Supreme Court chief, other officials
Sheikh Ghaihab, who holds the rank of a minister, replaced Sheikh Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz Al-Kulliyah, who requested to be relieved, the Royal Court said.
Another royal order re-constituted the Senior Scholars Council of the Grand Mufti, with Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Abdullah as president, and 20 other sheikhs as members.
A third royal order appointed Sheikh Salman bin Mohammed bin Mohammed bin Nashwan as secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Magistracy with the rank of chief of the Court of Appeals. He replaced Sheikh Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Yahya.
Named members of the Senior Scholars Council of the Grand Mufti were:
• Sheikhs Saleh bin Mohammad Al-Luhaidan, Dr. Saleh bin Fawzan Al-Fauzan, Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Ibrahim Al Al-Sheikh, Saleh bin Abdulrahman Al-Hussain, Dr. Abdullah bin Abdulmohsen Al-Turki, Abdullah bin Suleiman bin Manie, Dr. Saleh bin Abdullah bin Humaid, Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed Al-Mutlaq, Dr. Ahmed Sir Mubaraki, Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul-Karim bin Abdulaziz Al-Issa.
Dr. Abdul-Wahab bin Ibrahim Abu Suleiman, Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Saad Al-Khunain, Dr. Yaqoub bin Abdul-Wahab bin Yousuf Al-Bahussein, Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz Al-Kullayah, Mohammed bin Hassan bin Abdulrahman bin Abdullatif Al Al-Sheikh, Dr. Ali Abbas bin Othman Hakami, Dr. Abdul-Karim bin Abdullah bin Abdulrahman Al-Khudair, Dr. Mohamed bin Mohammed Al-Mukhtar Mohammed, Dr. Qais bin Mohammed bin Abdullatif Al Al-Sheikh Mubarak, and Dr. Saad bin Turki Al-Khathlan.
With the exception of the president, the term of office of members shall be four years effective 6/3/1434 AH or January 18, 2013.
Appointed as members of the Supreme Court with the rank of chief of Appeals Court were:
Sheikha Saad bin Mohammed bin Ali Al-Ghamdi, Ahmed bin Maqbool bin Nasser Hakami, Abdullah bin Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz bin Qassem, Mohammed bin Mohammed bin Shureim Al-Sha'bi, Abdulaziz bin Ibrahim bin Mohammed Al-Hussein, Ahmed bin Hamad bin Abdulrahman Al-Mazrou, Suleiman bin Ibrahim bin Rashid Al-Hudaithi, Abdul-Ilah bin Abdulaziz bin Mohammed Al-Firyaan, and Abdulaziz bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al-Subaie.
A fourth order constituted the Supreme Council of Magistracy of the Minister of Justice in charge of the work of the President of the Council, with the following members:
The president of Supreme Court, together with the following:
• Judge Shafi bin Dhafer Al-Haqbani - full-time member at the rank of Chief of the Court of Appeals.
• Sheikh Judge Mubasher bin Mohammed Al-Gharman - full-time member at the rank of Chief of the Court of Appeals.
• Sheikh Judge Saud bin Abdullah Al-Mu'jeb- full-time member at the rank of Chief of the Court of Appeals.
• Sheikh Judge Mohammed Amin bin Abdul-Mu'ti Mirdad - full-time member at the rank of Chief of the Court of Appeals.
• Undersecretary of the Ministry of Justice, member.
• Chairman of the Bureau of Investigation and Public Prosecution, member
• Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Mohammed Al-Nassar, member.
• Sheikh Dr. Nasser bin Ibrahim Al-Mohaimeed, member.
• Sheikh Dr. Fahd bin Saad Al-Majed, member
The term of office for the president and members shall be four years that can be renewed effective 3/3/1434 AH (January 15, 2013).
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Legal
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More