Jun 23 2012
|more articles from|
Saudi Aramco Won't Give Up Land Reservations in Eastern Region -Report
Saturday, Jun 23, 2012
BEIRUT (Zawya Dow Jones)--Sate-owned Saudi Arabian Oil Co., or Saudi Aramco , won't relinquish its land reservations in the country's eastern province because they contain substantial oil and gas reserves, Saudi-based Al Eqtisadiah daily reports Saturday, citing an executive.
These reserves are a national treasure that should be preserved for future generations, Khalid Al Falih, the company's chief executive said, according to the paper.
Local real estate developers had asked Aramco to release the plots of land from reservation in order to prevent soaring land prices in the eastern region, Al Eqtisadiah said. The land reservations are located in vital areas for oil production and they comprise pipelines and oil wells as well as flammable and very hazardous materials, the daily quoted Mr. Falih as saying.
-By Beirut Bureau, Zawya Dow Jones; +961-1-985 757; BeirutZDJ@zawya.com
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Saudi Arabia
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More