Mar 19 2011
|more articles from|
Saudi Arabia's 21 Royal Orders
Here are the 21 orders announced by the Saudi authorities on March 18, 2011.
- - Payment of two-month salary to all government civil and military personnel
- - Payment of two-month bursary to all government higher education male and female students
- - Payment of SR2000 per month for job-seekers at the public and private sectors. Pending the required procedures by the Ministry of Labor, job-seeker could expect the payments to start from1/1/1433 H. The Ministry of Labor was instructed to finalize all records for new job-seekers without delay prior to forwarding the relevant reports to the monarch on monthly bases.
- - Setting the minimum limit of salaries of all categories of Saudi workers to SR3000 per month. The cost of living worth 15% should be fixed within the basic salary.
Also Read: The Saudi King's Speech
- Building 500,000 residential units in all regions of the Kingdom and appropriating a total amount of SR250 billion for that project which will be implemented under the supervision of the General Commission for Housing. The pertinent ministers of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Finance and Economy and Planning (the General Commission for Housing) should provide the monarch with monthly reports on this matter. Regional governors are instructed to find out available lands and offer them for deserving citizens in their regions and report to the monarch immediately.
- - Raising the amount of the upper limit of the loan by Real Estate Development Fund from SR300,000 to SR500,000. This proposed limit should not negatively affect the number of beneficiaries of the fund's loans.
- - Establishment of National Commission for Fighting Corruption. The new organization will directly report to the monarch.
- - Appointment of Mohammad bin Abdullah Al-Shareef as President of the National Commission for Fighting Corruption at the Rank of Minister. The hierarchy and regulations of the commission will be issued by the Cabinet within three months from date. The commission will have the authority to investigate and collect information from all government bodies, without exception. It will also follow-up and audit the administrative and financial corruption without violation of other control authorities responsibilities. All control and inspection authorities should show cooperation and coordination with the anti-corruption organization.
- - Provision of SR16 billion to the Ministry of Health to implement and expand several medical projects. The projects include: expansion of King Fahd Medical City in Riyadh to accommodate a total of 850 beds, King Abdullah Medical City in Makkah to accommodate a total of 1500 beds, King Khalid Medical City in the Eastern Region to accommodate a total of 1500 beds, King Faisal Medical City for the Service of Southern Region of the Kingdom with a total capacity of 1350 beds, Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman al Saud Medical City with a total capacity of 1000 beds. It also includes the establishment of intensive care centers at the specialized and referential medical cities and hospitals in a number of cities in the Kingdom and the completion of medical facilities at King Khalid Specialist Hospital for Eyes.
- - Raising the upper limit of the program of financing private hospitals at the Ministry of Finance from SR50 million to SR200 million
- - Creation of 60,000 military jobs for the Ministry of Interior. The ministries of interior and finance will decide the number and level of ranks
- - Promotion of deserving officers and personnel of all military and security sectors approved in the current fiscal year to the next rank. Promotion of officers go into effect at the due date of each while the promotion of personnel goes into effect from the date of this order
- - The Ministry of Finance should ensure the payment of all dues owed to military sectors personnel. Discussions should immediately take place between the Ministry of Finance and other military sectors to secure the latter's housing and medical needs
- - The media should not defame or criticize the Grand Mufti and Senior Ulema Commission's members. The system of Publications and Publishing and its executive regulation should be revised to ensure the suitable punishment for those who violate this order. The revision will be conducted by the Chief Royal Court, the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Culture and Information and the Cabinet's Experts Commission Chief within one month from today. The authors will report the results to the monarch to take action
- - Establishment of bureaus for the General Presidency for Religious Research and Ifta in the Kingdom, creation of 300 jobs for this purpose and allocation of SR200 million to cover the needs of these branches
- - Preparation of a study in no more than five months to establish a Saudi Fiqh (Jurisprudence) Complex, including its proposed statute
- - Allocation of SR500 million for renovation of mosques in the Kingdom
- - Allocation of SR200 million for supporting the holy Quran Memorization Associations in the Kingdom
- - Allocation of SR300 million for supporting the bureaus of Call and Guidance at the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Call and Guidance
- - Allocation of SR200 million for completion of regional headquarters for the Commission of Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice in the Kingdom
- - Creation of 500 jobs to boost monitoring efforts by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry to strictly fight price manipulators. The Ministry should impose deterrent penalties on price manipulators and publicly slander whoever dares to violate this order. The Minister of Commerce and Industry should provide a monthly report on this matter to the monarch
The above royal orders should be carried out by the concerned authorities in the Kingdom with immediate effect, the royal court's statement said.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Saudi Arabia
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More