Jun 24 2012
|more articles from|
Safe@Heart road show visits Umm Suqeim Health Centre
Campaign to continue until Feb 2013 across all DHA PHC's and Hospitals
United Arab Emirates, Dubai, June 24, 2012: The Safe@heart road show, which is a joint initiative of DHA in partnership with AstraZeneca Gulf and the Emirates Cardiac Society, recently took place in the Umm suqeim health centre.
As part of the campaign, healthcare professionals conducted screening for both cholesterol and hypertension- two major risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Once screened, participants also receive counselling from healthcare providers based on the results of their screening.
Dr Ahmed Bin Kalban, CEO of Primary Healthcare at the DHA said, " Regular health screenings are essential for timely detection of illnesses and to prevent further complications. This is the message we want to communicate to the society through these campaigns. At the DHA we strongly believe in awareness as a tool to bring about lifestyle changes. This campaign will take place across all PHC's until the end of Feb 2013."
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More