Aug 02 2012
|more articles from|
RTA’s biodiesel bus to start Friday
Thursday, Aug 02, 2012
Running between Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall station and Financial Centre, the green bus will operate on biodiesel, cutting CO2 emissions by 78 per cent.
On trial for six months, the bus will be part of the busy route that has a headway of ten minutes on weekdays and four minutes on Fridays.
The usage of biodiesel means there will be a two per cent reduction in fuel costs, while the use of solar-powered LED lamps means there are further reduction in overall operation costs.
“Every element in the bus reflects the environment, it not only cuts the cost but also sends a strong message to people that being eco-friendly is the right way forward and it is not difficult,” added Al Dossary.
The initiative was launched last week by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
By Shafaat Shahbandari Staff Reporter
Gulf News 2012. All rights reserved.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More